Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Premiere Pro running very slowly on Mac

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have been using Photoshop for a while now and a little over a year ago I bought a subscription to Premiere Pro aswell. I have a MacBook Pro that I got about a year ago and it works perfectly for photoshop and virtually every other application I try to run on it, but Premiere Pro is laggy and runs painfully slow. It is virtually impossible for me to complete tasks in a timely manner and as a graphic designer it has made things very difficult for me. I have tried changing the media playback to as low as 1/16, I have tried rendering my videos, I have tried using less transitions, along with many other things. Nothing has seemed to even slightly alleviate the issue. Would anyone have any recommendations for making this application run smoothly? Any help is appreciated greatly!

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you need any more details on my problem go ahead and read this. My main issue is that any edit I make takes about 7-10 seconds to even register that I tried to make a change and then 10-15 when I actually make said change (even if I'm just deleting one letter or element). The program freezes constantly and the playback freezes and lags no matter how low the resolution is. Hopefully this helps to explain my problem further. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines