• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro's workspace is not working.

Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After handing over my previous project to my client, when I tried to open my saved project again the next morning to review revisions, I encountered this situation:

RationalObserver_0-1662579578861.png

RationalObserver_1-1662579593144.png

As you can see, no panel is visible. Also, I can't reset or otherwise interact with the pannels.

RationalObserver_2-1662579710589.png

I opened the panels one by one from the "Window" tab to check if the project is open.

RationalObserver_3-1662579803878.png

This is very frustrating. I don't want to come across such ridiculous and angry situations that waste my time Adobe. You should test your products before updating.

We haven't time because world is rush to end.
TOPICS
Crash , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Try this:

After you create a new project and import the old one into it, save it using a new name.

Some have found that it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

I just found out that if I start a new project then open the old one, It works. Not to happy about the. But it's a work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this, and it worked initially, however, when I closed the new project and then reopened I'm back at square one with a blank page, no workspaces.

Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened on every one of my projects yesterday, Project loads and just presents a blank screen, workspace menu options are just greyed out. 

I noticed in the CC desktop app that Premiere Pro had just updated itself that morning, super frustrating. It wasn't just one project but every project that I was working on. Also, I was completely unable to use the undo/redo command too as it was just greyed out.

Disappointed that an update by Premiere Pro has wasted so much of my time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I restored the old version. Adobe should be careful about these issues.

We haven't time because world is rush to end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Workspaces not working. Control Surfaces also broken. Better avoid this update for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

After you create a new project and import the old one into it, save it using a new name.

Some have found that it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help with this on the forum. I was able to get this working again. I am, however, going to be seeking other options looking forward. I cannot have my time wasted on stuff like this anymore. I have a hard enough job without software making it more difficult.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this EXACT issue right now, glad I'm not the only one. I've reset all my preference data in the Premiere Pro/22.0 folder, successfully opened a new project, but as soon as I open an old project again its back to being entirely blank.

I can't import my old projects into new projects, I have hundreds of projects and that would take days.

Am I correct reading that Premiere updated itself and I should roll back to restore functionality?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found out that if I start a new project then open the old one, It works. Not to happy about the. But it's a work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, this worked for me, thank you! SOLVED (until the next upbrake)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  So frustrating!  I remember when upgrading in the past it would ask you to rename the project file (essentially the same workaround we are discussing here with creating a new project and importing it).  I guess that functionality is broken in the update so we have to do it manually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, did you find a solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines