Exit

Premiere Pro settings for Alpha use in Unity using Windows 10

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need help!
What is the Export setting for me to use alpha key in Premiere Pro to use in Unity for the AR?

I am using windows 10 and everything says I need to use Quicktime. 

When I export using H.264 from Premiere Pro, and import the video into Unity, the "Keep Alpha" is not checkable because it does not detect it to be alpha. Also, when I test my video, my animated character is playing, but the background is black. 

Does anyone know the settting to export from Premiere Pro to Unity using Windows 10?

Thank you
TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H.264 does not support alpha channels. Use QuickTime Prores 4444 as your export format.

I'm not familiar with Unity but if it needs an Alpha channel QuickTime then Prores 4444 is the one to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternative, you can use QuickTime Animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I though Animation might be a possibility but can't find it as an export option (on Mac), maybe still available on PC from Premiere Pro? Though Animation is limited to 8bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines