• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro should revamp the TEXT TOOL

Participant ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text tool is very useful to me and I think its the most used tool in Premiere but yet stayed the same for years!!

1. You cannot keyframe anything on the text properties (tracking, adding some motion blur etc) except changing the scale an position in motion or transfrom.

you have to take this simple task to AFTER EFFECTS. 

2. Choosing the right font is a nightmare. You can only use your middle scroll wheel to change the font from the list in order to be able to see the result. You have to HIGHLIGHT the text (it doesn't work if you just select the text clip. The font should change ON THE FLY by just using the UP-DOWN arrows (or another keybind) just like photoshop!

3. Starred/Favorite fonts cannot be copied/exported globally (to Photoshop, After Effects) You have to make this list over and over again. If you format or change PC you have to do it ALL over from the beggining. 

4. There are interational users globally using this software. For me not all fonts support Greek language. There is no option to filter the type of font (Latin, Greek , Cylliric, Chinese whatever). 

Cobra_0-1658486548911.png

I know this is not the USERVOICE but I wanted to see how many professionals or standard users see the same flaws.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Simple keyframing can be done in the EGP.

Extensive keyframing is done in the Effect Controls.

You dont need to highlight the text to change font, selecting the blue box is sufficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines