Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Signal flow, Clips effects vs Track Effects

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been looking for resources on Premiere Pro's signal path/flow.  I understand that when applying effects to clips OR tracks the effect listed first is applied first but what happens when effects are applied to clips AND tracks? Which effects are applied first, the clip effects or the track effects? How does essential sound fit into the signal flow?

Links to any information or resources are much appreciated. 

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Clip effects are applied first. Then track effects.

Edit: I should have added that ESP effects are applied to the clips ... as you can see in the ECP panel's Audio effects section as you go from clip to clip.

Only effects applied via the Track Mixer's top Effects section (you have to twirl down the arrow to see this) are applied to the track.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clip effects are applied first. Then track effects.

Edit: I should have added that ESP effects are applied to the clips ... as you can see in the ECP panel's Audio effects section as you go from clip to clip.

Only effects applied via the Track Mixer's top Effects section (you have to twirl down the arrow to see this) are applied to the track.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the clarification Neil and the response! That's especially good to confirm for ESP effects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines