• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro suddenly not working. clips not playing. Not responding + disruping computer

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm quite new to premiere pro and I’ve been recently editing my YouTube videos on there. It’s been working absolutely fine until a couple days ago. I would open my project and then select a clip to edit and drag onto timeline. However, when I try to select another clip it would freeze and then freeze my entire desktop bar too. the clips wouldn't show up on the left side preview or the main screen.
I have tried many things, end task on task manager, restarting my computer (that would cause only more unresponsiveness) I’ve even uninstalled and installed it again but now I’m having the same problem. Please let me know if there is a solution to this. Would be much appreciated!

Maryam5C08_0-1627243709608.png

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What changes did you make or allow to be made to your computer and software in the last couple of days? Usually when things are working well and then suddenly they don't, figuring out what changed provides a clue to the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly thats why I'm baffeled i haven't made any changes so really unsure as to why this is happening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Premiere Pro has been freezing a lot in the last few days as well. I'm doing everything the same as I usually do, the only thing I changed was to update to 15.4.

I just reverted to 15.2 and things already seem a lot more stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes same for me ! but even after going back to the old update my computer doesn't freeze anymore the clip still do not play on the preview screen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines