Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Premiere Pro suddenly very choppy when playback

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys,

First, please apology that I'm opening another topic about Premiere Pro performance issue and lagging preview - I know that its one of the most common issue faced by users and reported here. But I have a feeling that I tried all the available options and none have helped me 😕

Let's start from my computer setup:

Intel Xeon E5-1620 v2 - 4 cores

32 GB DDR3 SDRAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Drives:

SSD Plextor PX-128M5S (System drive)

NVM TOSHIBA 256GB SSD (projects drive)

Windows 10 Version 10.0.19043.1288

As you see, its quite good setup and I must highlight that I had never any issues when editing my movies from DJI Mavic Mini 1 Drone (2.7K: 2720×1530 24/25/30 p).

In recent days, I bought GoPro Hero 9 and recorded some 1920x1080 50 frames and 2704x1520 50 frames footage. When I started to edit them, preview in Premiere Pro was very laggy and choppy.

I tried many methods, which includes:

1. Creating proxies for footage

2. Render in and out

3. Making sure Render is Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA)

4. Memory - optimize rendering for Performance

5. Memory Cache Files on NVE drive

and many more tips from the YT videos and posts here. None helped me to fix it...

I tried to edit back my old footage from Drone, the same lagging and choppy stuff happened.

Today I decided to reinstall my Windows 10 and make a clean install of Premiere PRO. Still the same happens for me. What is more I run a couple or CPU/Memory and Drives tests to make sure everything works - no issue.

I have really no idea what else can I do to fix it?

Currently I'm using Premiere PRO 15.4.1, but I tried the same with 14.x - same results.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards, Andy

TOPICS
Editing, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?