Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro Timeline lag

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dear Adobe Support Community,

This isn't the first time I occure such a problem, I don't know how to fix it and this is pretty annoying:

Premiere Pro timeline is currently lagging through a specific sequence that I need to export soon for a client.

I don't know what happened really, I was just doing basic editing, speed ramping, nesting sequences. Working with a7III footages and Mavic 2 Pro h265 (with proxies generated) but suddenly after a few moves, I occure a lag that doesn't want to get off!

I've tried multiple things:

- Creating a new sequence / project and copy / paste the elementss from my initial sequence but looks like the lag is being paste with the elements.

- Change the workspace

- Restarting computer / Adobe, several times.

- Empty the media cache (by the way, I can only delete meda cache that are unused, the other option is transparent.

I am know hesitating to uninstall / reinstall Premiere Pro as I don't know what else to do to fix this bug. I'm afraid it's attached to my project.

I would love to look at automatic saves from my project to go back in time but I don't know why I can't see the automate save project next to the current one in a seperate folder as usually. I'm afraid there isn't but I looked into the seetings and the option was on, so I don't know why I can't find them.

Last point is to describe the bug:

When I press play on the sequence, everything looks normal and editable but at one point, I cannot move the cursor, it's stays where I pushed pause and then I can't move it anymore. Some function don't work for a moment such as muting/unmuting audio tracks and stuffs, selecting elements, etc. And after clicking everywhere, going into the settings for example, when I come back on the timeline, everything works again. There is something not working out somewhere and I don't know how to fix it.

It's really frutstating as I don't have a lot of time left to finish this project 😞

(My configuration:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
64 Go RAM

Nvidia RTX 2070 SUPER)

Best regards,

Florian

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a record of my issue.

Thank you very much for your help

I think I will just uninstall/resintall premiere pro for now, I need to move on this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Flow !

Did you try to delete that rush and add the same one again ? Is the problem still the same after you did that ?

What if you choose to add another shot instead of this one, same issue again ?

Also, did you try to nest the footage that is causing you issue ? 

Another question, what if you remove all effects you are using on that clip, as well as the speed ramp you did ? 

You can aslo check if the music is having some issue, what if you remove it ?

Hope this can help a bit ! And by the way, this might no be related to your pc

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Silkroad,

Thank you very much for your answer.

I just uninstall/reinstall Premiere, issue were still there.

I admit I didn't want to find out which rush was lagging as I really thought it was the whole timeline.

I think I just found out that I might have speed ramped one of the rush too much... I will try to keep edit now that I've changed this.

If everything works well, I'll tell all of you later!

Thanks again,

See ya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem still occure. I don't know which footage makes my project lagging so much 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay maybe you can try to allow more memory to the app into the Premiere Pro settings ? 

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that !

In my case, it happened that speed ramping was causing crazy issues for no reason. I wasn't able to preview any of my speed ramp without nesting my rush, and it was quit annoying. 

Hope you find a solution, last thing I could say is maybe try to remove all effects and color correction you did to see what's up. 

Bonne chance !

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your guidance, I was starting to freak out!! I'm stuck since two hours also I'm nearly at the end of the project.

There was an effect I really didn't want to delete which was, a slow motion in a nested sequence that I stabilised and nested again so I could make a position animation and nested it again for masking transition ahah.

I'm playing with the track since 5 min and it looks that the monster was there!

Merci !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I could help you.

Good luck with your project !

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At present, there is an issue with nested audio that can cause strange behavior: delete nested audio or disable Show Audio Waveform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this same exact issue for the past 3 days. There does not seem to be one specific thing that is causing it either. I have had it happen when adding a simple whoosh sound to my timeline, I've had it happen when adding an adjustment later, and I've had it happen when adding a simple push transition. This has never been a problem for me until 3 days ago. I've tried multiple different projects, editing all different kinds of footage. I've allowed more ram usage, cleared cache files completely, etc. Nothing has fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried all sorts of solutions to finally find the problem. I was importing a 4k 50fps video material into an HD 25fps Sequence. I was downscaling the 4k to 1920x1080, but not the 50fps to 25fps. Seems so obvious right now, but totally missed this. So, in case you did not make this obvious mistake, give it a try. Verify that the sequence/the project you start has the same resolution/fps as the material that you shoot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experiencing lag when navigating my timeline. I found a fix is turning off 'Show Proxy Badges' in your timeline settings (wrench in top left corner of timeline).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sadly didn't work for me. this just started happening last night in one specific project i was working on, and now its spreading to all of my others. i'm not sure what's happening but it's such a pain to deal with. i've tried every possible solution listed in this thread and nothing has solved this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying reseting the layout with Alt+Shift+0 it worked for me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

O my! I was experiencing an issue where everything worked okay for me, except for when I interacted with my timeline. Resetting the layout like you said, resolved my issue! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines