Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro turns my second monitor off and on

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

I just got a new PC, installed premiere and the other programs I use (photoshop and AE). Now when I use Premiere Pro, my second monitor keeps turning off and on for a second whenever I change screens to another program

This happens JUST when Premiere Pro is on, didnt happen with Photoshop and AE. Funny thing is, when Premiere Pro is on, even taking my headset off and on turned the second monitor off and on.

Anyone had a similar problem?

My new PC have a RTX 3080, main monitor is using a display port and second monitor using HDMI

Thanks for any help

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Thank you guys for the answers. I found the solution, which is something very odd haha

Premiere pro was using my capture card as an audio source (microphone), that's why it was turning my second monitor on and off. It was pretty much turning my capture card on and off every time I tabbed premiere. All I had to do was to change to the correct microphone and it was fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Taking your headset off? As in physically off your head? That sounds more like a cable is being pulled and one of your cables is losing connection for a brief second. And when you say "change screens" do you mean moving the cursor from one monitor to another or are you clicking in another program to change focus?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a new video cable.

You may also have a loose power supply lead or an under powered power supply.

If NVIDIA graphics, make sure to use the latest Studio Driver from NVIDIA (NOT the Game Driver).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you guys for the answers. I found the solution, which is something very odd haha

Premiere pro was using my capture card as an audio source (microphone), that's why it was turning my second monitor on and off. It was pretty much turning my capture card on and off every time I tabbed premiere. All I had to do was to change to the correct microphone and it was fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the follow up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines