Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro unable to locate proxies

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey hey!

I'm working on a pilot episode in which I need to use proxies.

I'm able to make the proxies just fine, however when they are done in AME and I put the footage in my timeline, the footage has the icon that comes up when it can't locate the proxies. (Attached an image)

And when I try to manually import the proxies into my project so I can link them to the footage, I get an error message saying "unable to access disk." Despite that the footage is on the same hard drive as the proxies, and it's accessing that just fine.

The footage was shot on a Red camera.

I'm on MacOS Ventura.

I've attached images of the proxy icon, the error message that comes up when I try to import and my computer specs.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

FINAL UPDATE

The issue was that there was no space left on the hard drive I was making the Proxies on.

I had to tell Premiere to save them directly onto my computer (Which will haunt me later, I don't have much storage)

I then had to manually attach the Proxies and now they work just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely a permission issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any advice on how to solve that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE

Still an issue but I've come to realise that the proxies are entirely unreadable. They take Zero Bytes of storage and nothing can open them. 

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Media Encoder. It did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<<And when I try to manually import the proxies into my project so I can link them to the footage>>

Language sometimes gets tortured when discussing this issue. You don't 'import proxies' into the project. You can 'Attach' proxies to files. But when using ME, you typically setup an Ingest preset in PP which you can set your project on the Ingest panel of Project settings. You can also create an Encoding preset in ME to process your proxies. Then you add the original files to the project, they are sent over to ME and the proxies are created and Attached and you are good to go with no further steps. Regardless, the proxies are not imported into a project only the original files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that! You worded that so well too.

Upon further research into proxies I have realised I've been doing it wrong, yet it didn't solve the issue.

However I did just now solve it! It's the supidest solution ever. This was happening because there was absolutely no space left on the hard drive I was putting the proxies in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FINAL UPDATE

The issue was that there was no space left on the hard drive I was making the Proxies on.

I had to tell Premiere to save them directly onto my computer (Which will haunt me later, I don't have much storage)

I then had to manually attach the Proxies and now they work just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines