Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro using only integrated Intel GPU

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Since I update to the latest Premiere Pro version about a week ago, it no longer uses my dedicated Nvidia GPU.

For both timeline playback and media export, eventhough with media export I have CUDA renderer selected.

I reinstalled the GPU drivers and Premiere is still only using Intel GPU. I also set both in Windows 11 settings and Nvidia control panel Premiere to use dedicated GPU.

When I run OBS Studio Nvidia GPU works there without issues. So it's ONLY Adobe applications that use Intel GPU. I tried Photoshop as well using Intel 😞

Can anybody help please?

My PC runs Nvidia Optimus with Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050 TI Laptop GPU and Intel Iris XE GPU.

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

The GPU acceleration might be set to Open CL (iGPU) instead of CUDA (dedicated GPU). The first 20 seconds of the video demonstrate how to setup GPU acceleration. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L-erwmRxAU

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any resizing or color work on that sequence? Premiere doesn't tend to use the GPU for general playback without certain effects being used.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the reply, no effects / resizing, just straight edit of the footage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't expect much GPU usage then.

Try putting some Lumetri or resize a few clips, watch what happens then.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GPU acceleration might be set to Open CL (iGPU) instead of CUDA (dedicated GPU). The first 20 seconds of the video demonstrate how to setup GPU acceleration. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L-erwmRxAU

This video demonstrates how to enable GPU acceleration and GPU encoding and decoding. It also shows how to enable Intel's Quick Sync. Resolve https://amzn.to/3NcL1zP Adobe CC 1 year https://amzn.to/3Da0qMN All links are monetized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, disabling Intel option in the Media settings fixed it for me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am glad everything is working. Premiere Pro can be buggy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines