Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Premiere Pro v12.1.1 wrecked my project

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed 12.1.1 and it is a DISASTER. Every clip I had imported that was shot in portrait mode was rotated, and several of my MOV files no longer load ("the importer reported a generic error"). These were not issues in the prior version. I don't know what to do; I have to deliver this huge project in several hours.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018
Hallo Kevin,Stay on the current version until your project is completedWhat a sentence.How do you get such a statement?Have you thought about it once?What think a ADOBE employee over working in a Postproduktion? Nothinkl! He don't think!Just write something no matter if it makes sense.How can such ADOBE employees be used here?We have 40x active paid ADOBE licenses.If two different jobs are processed at each workstation,and the jobs are usually over 4 weeks,and not all jobs start on January 1,Whe...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

revert back to a previous version to finish your project ... there are lots of bugs with the current one, if you

haven't yet started editing, until a new update, hopefully a much stable one is released

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't revert.  Once opened, Premiere doesn't let you open in an earlier version.

Ugh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the problem, that we can not update from 12.0.1 to 12.1.1 at one I-MAC OSX 10.11

In the ADOBE Cloud is no update for 12.1.1

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AlexR,

Sorry you weren't aware of this rule of thumb: It is a good idea to avoid updating projects to major new versions while you are still working on them, especially complex projects. Stay on the current version until your project is complete. If you must update, create a new project and import the older one into the new one. Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Kevin,

Stay on the current version until your project is completed

What a sentence.

How do you get such a statement?

Have you thought about it once?

What think a ADOBE employee over working in a Postproduktion?

Nothinkl!

He don't think!

Just write something no matter if it makes sense.

How can such ADOBE employees be used here?

We have 40x active paid ADOBE licenses.

If two different jobs are processed at each workstation,

and the jobs are usually over 4 weeks,

and not all jobs start on January 1,

When is Kevin then the update day?!?

ADOBE think always bing for there shareholders,

the payers work only one person at one workstation.

It gives the beautiful saying

Drive to the customer make you some nice hours.

Kevin, take your car and drive.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the frustration, Waldorf and Statler. I only offered some advice from my experience as an editor. I had edited for many years prior to Adobe.

I agree that it is not always easy to complete projects with the same version that they were created in, especially in a large enterprise like yours seems to be. Typically, I do like to keep multiple versions of Premiere Pro installed to try and work with projects in those versions but I also have been in the position of needing to update those projects. Importing them into new projects can sometimes work better than updating them. Just some tips I have learned.

If there's anything I can assist you with, kindly send me a PM.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines