• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro v12 doesn't save projects

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though I save the project and I see the window with project being saved IT NEVER IS.

There are auto saves though but the main project file stays intact.

Second  issue: When I click open project, it opens it inside the project I was working on as a cascade of randomly placed windows.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you might be a bit confused by some the new behaviors in Premiere CC 2018. You can now have multiple projects open simultaneously. So when you hit Save, you need to be aware at what panel is currently active, as it will save THAT project. there is also a new command under File to Save ALL Projects (meaning all OPEN projects). So when you go to Open Project now, and open a 2nd project, the first open project doesn't close automatically, resulting in two Project panels (and possibly multiple extra sequence panels and other as well). If you only want one project open at a time, make sure to select the Project panel for the project you no longer wish to have open and choose File -> Close Project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't save the project even if  only one  is open.

Unless the "project tab" needs to be highlighted and not eg. effects one to succesfuly save this project?

Is there a way to downgrade premiere pro version? I've never had that many problems with Premiere in more than a decade. This version is an absolute disaster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People say that every version of every program that ever comes out. Different people have differing experiences. Most have no problem at all. I sure have not had that issue and after teaching Premiere classes at different facilities for the last 2 months, haven't encountered it once. But yes, you can always downgrade using the Creative Cloud app. Just click the little drop down next to Premiere Pro in the Apps list and select "Other Versions."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly are you determining that a save is not occurring?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spare me your patronizing tone, Jason.

Back in the day I switched from Final Cut to Premiere Pro because their update was an abomination. Abomination similar to the one that is this version.

@Jim:

If I save the project, I see "saving project" but  the project isn't saved at all (no changes to previous versions) then I guess it's not saving it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving a project won't update previous versions, only the current version you're working in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Einstein.

If I use, let's call it: project_01, I press save, or crtl+s while working  only on project_01, I see the tab//window that says it's saving yet, when I close the project and open  it again, i'm left with the previous version, before  any changes, before the save.

So yeah.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that answers my previous question.  Thank you.

If you're wanting to continue with 2018, try Steps 2D, E and F below, one at a time.  Report back.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys I've been faceing a problem in Premiere pro cc 2017. The problem about saveing projects so when I work on Certain project and I go to save the project. Premiere pro shows me that the project has been saven but when I open premiere again to Completes My project but here's the problem the project that I saved IT doesn't shows on the recent window even if I go to open projects I don't find it. That's my problem so guys or even Adobe Support please help me to solve this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where are you saving it to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines