Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro v22.0 will not play any media in my timeline

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS v11.4 16-inch, 2019

Premiere will not play any media in my timelines. These are bugs that shouldn't happen out of the gate. This is a warning to not install v22 until bugs are sorted out. I'm back using Primere v15.4.1

Any one else having v.22 struggles? 

Mod note: changed the title to reflect issue

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same.  The last 3 days have been some of the most frustrating of my editing career.  They've had some buggy releases before but this is just non-functional.  I've accepted I'm losing the last 3 days of work and reinstalling a previous version to go from there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like most releases now, the vast majority of users are working fine in the new version. Some are having some struggles but working in general. And some are totally hammered.

I've been on the 'hammered' list before, ain't fun. But one of the useful parts of their CC model is you can keep working in previous major versions until you have a new one tested on your machine as workable. That's by design. One time it was six months before I updated working version.

Resolve's latest major release is the same. Most users ok, some hit with odd things, some simply can't work at all in it. But with BM Resolve, you can only have one version loaded at a time. So most of my colorist buds load new releases on a secondary machine to test prior to moving their 'client' machine over to a new build.

I'm sticking with the 'old' Resolve for now, I don't have to update. And the 17.4.1 patch was noted by a noted colorist as (on his machine) worse than the 17.4 release it was a patch for.

Take care people. Deadlines aren't fun if anything breaks.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on an AMD Windows 10 system, so totally different from your Mac system, and I am definitely avoiding updating my public release PPRo and AE to version 22. I have the Beta versions 22, and they are very buggy and crashy; I often have to use version 2021 of PPro and AE to avoid hangs/crashes. So yes - I completely agree with your warning - DO NOT UPDATE TO v.22 IF YOU'RE DOING SERIOUS/CLIENT WORK!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a 24 core Threadripper 3960X with a 2080Ti, 128GB of RAM, and mostly large Nvme and other internal SSDs.

Pr/Ae/Au 2022 all work great here ... not having any issues after I finally got Pr to actually apply the sync of my prefs.

I know of others who are also working great in 2022.

But clearly, some are getting horrid results. So the old wisdom always applies: test anything before committing client work to it. Whether software, cameras, lights, mics, anything.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good lord, yes. I typically never jump on-board the new version but Adobe Cloud updated without my consent and here we are. Deleted it immediately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I bring up the CC Desktop app to check for updates I check the settings there. I run with the public beta quite a bit, so I may update that 3-4 times a week. And I always check the auto-update and 'remove previous versions' options to see what they're set to.

As occasionally they do seem to reset themselves. I've complained about that. "They're not supposed to do that ... " ... well, yea, but they do occasionally don't they?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v22 is working fine for me. Had a dynamic link with AE going all day Monday and did a bunch of things with it. I did have to delete the cache as I always do before I start up a new PP. As a side note, I've had to delete my AE cache twice now in the last two weeks, which got rid of the AE glitches I had.

Win: 21H1, PP: v22

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having issues with Dynamic Link as well. I'll be rolling back to the previous version. V22 is definitely unusable for me. I usually don't run updates unless I'm between projects, but CC Auto-Update got me. That's well and shut off now.

Macbook Pro 16" 2019

MacOS Catalina

2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

64 GB DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5600M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just saw and installed an AE update (ver 22.0.1).  Has aleady seemed to have solved my dynamic link problem.  Hopefully, that was the problem with my similar Premiere Pro buggy experience.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, terrible. Completely unusable.

Needed to revert back to V15.4.1

At first I thought it was a Mac software update and I updated to Monterey, but that didn't fix the issue.

My specs if it helps

Imac Pro 2017

Problem happened on both Big Sur and Monterey

Processor: 2.3 GHz 18-Core Intel Xeon W

Memory: 64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

Graphics: Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. 

Makes collaborating with other editors difficult when they are using v.22. You have to convince them that v.22 doesn't work on your computer. Then convince them to download the previous version if you're going to collaborate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a new update today, you may want to give that a try. You don't have to remove previous (main) versions to install the new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have found this solution on an older thread and solved my problem. I am pasting here the solution hoping it might help other people:

Go to Edit menu>Preferences>Audio Hardware and check if Device class is set to MME

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines