• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro V23: Various Issues and Crashing on the Hour?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

V23 issues have been rampant since the update and are as follows:

(any help at all on either would be welcome and greatly appreciated) 

01: Crashes every hour (work lost)

02: Keeps LOCK file after a crash

03: Completely unable to render (CPU or software only, just says "unknown error" also tried saving to a different location, cutting and dumping media into a new sequence....nothing) 

04: Dynamic link Crashes on opening saying “AE needs to be updated to V23. Despite updating AE 5+ crashes later and unable to open a project I had been working on for weeks already I had to resort to “offline all” Finally opening the project, seems my  MOGRTs have been disconnected and need to be rebuilt manually. I am unable to re-link yet dragging the very same MOGRT in from my Essentials Library and starting from scratch works fine? Makes no sense to me, any ideas?

05: Autosaves not working (Only saving some changes, all color edits lost for over 45 minutes yet the audio keyframes I made right before the crash were saved?)

06: LUTs disconnected and not re-loaded. (had to reload all manually despite properly repopulating the (correct) LUTs drive with our team-saved LUTs list. Lumitry parameters in Basic Correction were saved (shadows, white balance, etc) yet every single LUT was changed for dozens of sequences. 

Lastly, not really a "bug" per say but a small request...Dear Adobe, maybe give us the option to revert back to previous versions without losing every minute of work we did trusting you to update properly, that alone would be HUGE!!!

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

%100, crashes every hour and is unable to render....fun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you did not have any issues with the previous version, why did you update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Advice ... first, make sure you do NOT leave the box "remove prior versions" checked when updating/upgrading ANY Adobe app, and second ... do not ever simply upgrade a project file to a new major version ... that can be a recipe for exactly what you're getting, and yea ... that's a hot mess.

To migrate projects safely ...

• Always create a NEW project file in the new version.
  • In that project file, go to the MediaBrowser panel, navigate to and single-click to select the old version project file.
  • Right-click and Import or Ingest the contents of the old project file to the new one.

This does two HUGE things:

• you get a project file with the best chance of corrupt, unadulterated metadata so it works as expected, and
  • the original project file is untouched and can be used in the older version if the new one won't work correctly.

As to the LUTs, of course ... do not EVER add LUTs to the Premiere Pro program folder's LUTs folders. EVER.

If you park LUTs in the Program files (PC)/Package files (Mac)/Adobe/Common/LUTs folder, in folders named for the appropriate LUT application slot. Which would be:

• Input folder for the Project panel Interpret Footage color management Input LUT dropdown;
  • Technical folder for the Lumetri Basic tab LUT dropdown;
  • Creative folder for the Lumetri Creative tab LUT dropdown.

As if you do, then the LUTs will be visible to all three apps, Pr, Ae, and Me, and will be accessed correctly by those apps. Across versions, without problems.

If you have a proper copy of that project file in 22.x form, you might want to either go back to that for that project, or try migrating it as in the above.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines