• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Video turns blurry after rendering

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've recently started colourgrading my 4K dji drone footage, but I stumbled upon a problem (I am a complete beginner at editing so excuse me if this is a very dumb question). When I am editing the footage it looks really crisp in the timeline, however when I render the video (or export it) it turns out very blurry and fuzzy. I was hoping that someone could tell me how to solve this issue.

Here are my sequence settings:

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

No worries, different people use "render" differently so just making sure we're on the same page.

So your Render In - Out settings are determined in Sequence Settings - Video Previews. Your options are fairly limited so I recommend experimenting and finding a good setting/format that works for your specific footage. Your footage is 4k, and your current settings are rendering out in 1080. So you are lowering the quality significantly for preview purposes, but you gain performance that way. You

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot export settings with left tab to output with image (not black).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try increasing the export bitrate from 10 Mbps to 20 Mbps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, your export bitrate is very low. Higher bitrate = higher quality. You'll have to experiment with bitrates to get to what you deem optimal: it varies based on source footage and of course, what you find acceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a great answer.  I've struggled with export settings for years ESPEDCILAY with social media stuff. . most forums give optimal export settings for whatever year or platform. . but they rarely look good.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also:

Too high a bitrate might result in the playback being jerky.

As Jeff said, you will have to experiment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this also result in my render quality improving?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say render do you mean export? Or are you generating previews and calling those renders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really sorry for the confusion. I meant when I have edited a clip for example and I go to sequence and then press render in to out, it renders the selection and then when I play the video in my timeline it looks a lot blurrier than before I rendered (so this is all pre export). And although it looks fine post-export, it would be nice to be able to see the full product in the timeline in full quality before exporting it. So, I was wondering it that problem can be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, different people use "render" differently so just making sure we're on the same page.

So your Render In - Out settings are determined in Sequence Settings - Video Previews. Your options are fairly limited so I recommend experimenting and finding a good setting/format that works for your specific footage. Your footage is 4k, and your current settings are rendering out in 1080. So you are lowering the quality significantly for preview purposes, but you gain performance that way. You could up that to 4k and you'll likely have better looking previews, but those renders will likely take longer to process/create. It's up to you which method you prefer. Obviously there's pros and cons to both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I didn't realise I was rendering in 1080 so that makes a lot of sense. Just changed the video preview settings to match my source and it has solved the problem. Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as it's been said rendering means something differnt for each perosn. . for me it means a final export OR . . a Coffee ready to be poured 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, as it's been said rendering means something differnt for each perosn. 

By @Mueller Media Group

To confuse matters:

Rendering in Premiere Pro means creating previews for the timeline.

Rendering in After Effects means exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines