Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro will not open on Macbook pro

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Premiere Pro has decided not to work anymore on my laptop. I have uninstalled a few times and tried older versions. But none of the solutions on the posts seem to work for me.

I'm using a MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) with macOS Catalina v 10.15.3

Very frustrating...

N

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Had the same issue. Turned out to be the Insta360 plugin causing the crash... Adobe support jumped in, took control of my laptop, found the folder (MediaCore) and simply trailed it onto my desktop. All working again now, no issues.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for your issue. I see that you are not able to open Premiere Pro. Would you mind sharing the following information so that we can troubleshoot the issue properly?

What happens when you try to launch Premiere Pro? Does it show any error message? Also, what are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi I am running Catalina 10.15.2 and Premiere 12.1.2, premiere will not open when launching from toolbar (or anywhere). It bounces up and down once or twice but no dot appears below the icon nor does my computer recognize the attempted start up. Is there anything I can do OTHER THAN updating, due to fear of possible software collision-fueled issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue. Turned out to be the Insta360 plugin causing the crash... Adobe support jumped in, took control of my laptop, found the folder (MediaCore) and simply trailed it onto my desktop. All working again now, no issues.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Phil_ka_boom!

That's excatly what it was, I had installed Insta360 earlier in the day.

Adobe support took control and sorted it out. The chat support is brilliant.

Thanks guys

N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines