• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

premiere pro won't attach proxy

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I am working on this project that was shot on a RED camera in 6K.

the proxies are rendered in H.264 and it isn't giving me the best performance.

I went ahead and rendered in prores 422 at 1080p.

when the renders were done I went ahead to attach the proxies in premiere pro but with no warning, as though as I have successfully attached the proxies, the proxy media file name column is empty.

I tried attaching the H.264 one and they work perfectly heck I could even connect the 6K .R3D files as proxy but not the prores 422.

someone tell me what am I missing.

I tried both the standard prores 422 and the prores 422 proxy and both failed to attach.

I would have to check the audio channels again but I'm assuming its not as there was no warning message, if anyone has a solution please enlighten me.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

after looking into the audio channel, I found out the R3D footage had 2 channels and I rendered my proxy with only 1.

I believe there was supposed to be a error message but there was nothing which was very misleading and hard to troubleshoot with.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yuzah29346022,

We're sorry to hear about this. Have you tried creating ProRes proxies within Premiere Pro & checked if it's working properly? Also, please share a screenshot of the properties window for the R3D file & the ProRes proxies that you have created. 

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after looking into the audio channel, I found out the R3D footage had 2 channels and I rendered my proxy with only 1.

I believe there was supposed to be a error message but there was nothing which was very misleading and hard to troubleshoot with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So are you implying that the audio on the proxy and the original must be the same?

I have been trying and trying to attach proxies (I'm new to proxies) and it just doesn't attach. I have the Canon R5C, shooting in 4k 60 format, and then my 2nd card is recording the proxies. But I can't seem to get them into Premiere! Now I wonder if the audio is the issue?

Same as you, I don't get any message anywhere indicating there's a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines