• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro won't let me save

Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason Premiere Pro won't let me save, save a copy, or save as for my project. I'm literally just stuck and can't save any work I do. I tried closing and restarting Premiere. I tried restarting the whole computer. Every time I open this particular project, it won't let me save any work I do in any form.

Any ideas? Help!

Relevant system information:

Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 5.43.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-25 at 5.41.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-25 at 5.41.41 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Thanks for the help Kevin! I was using an original name. But I did find the answer: it turns out that I had indeed run out of space on the hard drive. I kind of wish the error message in Premiere had explained that it was a hard disk full issue instead of a generic error. Well, at least if anyone else runs into the same problem, they will find the answer a bit faster here! Haha.

Thanks everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. Do you have write permissions to the drive? Have you tried saving to other places?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the weird thing is I had been saving no problems for the whole project and then all of a sudden it stopped working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty strange. Hopefully you've tried a reboot, and how is the hard drive space doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SrFaye,

Hi. Sorry. Are you trying to Save and then using an identical name that you are saving over then attempting to "Replace?" When using Save after you've already saved, try incrementing the file name by using _01 or the like. Then Save.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help Kevin! I was using an original name. But I did find the answer: it turns out that I had indeed run out of space on the hard drive. I kind of wish the error message in Premiere had explained that it was a hard disk full issue instead of a generic error. Well, at least if anyone else runs into the same problem, they will find the answer a bit faster here! Haha.

Thanks everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the warning say something like, Selector 9, Srfaye? Yeah, sorry about that. I'm working on that directive with the engineering. Make error codes that we mere mortals can understand. I will definitely advocate for your request, for sure.

BTW, Isn't Selector 9 a ska band or something like that from the 80s? Sounds like it.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats not my problem, I have sufficient space on both of my hard drives and it still gives me this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have that exact same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines