• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro won’t load projects on Mac.

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I get on to Adobe premiere pro it won’t appears as though its about to start up the project but then it dissapears. Tried restarting etc still nothing. Urgent!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey JackD!

Does Premiere open to the home screen if you select the app on startup as opposed to double-clicking a project file? Is it the app that won't load or the project file?

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caroline thanks for getting in touch. The home screen loads but when I click on open project I have a little watch symbol on the mouse and then it just dissapears and says that the app isn’t working. However it’s working now because I opened ”new project“ and then from there opened a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues^^  with a mac mini running on apple silicion. Has anyone gotten to the bottom of this? I have found other threads suggesting it has to do with using an external monitor(I am using two with the mac mini), or using 4k footage. While I can say I have been editing 4k footage without a problem until recently, I only just started using two monitors(and one as a display) recently. I'm hoping there's a way of solving this problem because my work flow is currently at the mercy of me figuring this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey JHam,

Sorry, my friend. Can you try allocating more memory to Premiere Pro in Memory Preferences? 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually have disabled my external monitors and it has seemed to solve
the issues so far. I plan to just reenable the external monitors once the
projects are open. Not a great work flow but better than not opening at
all! I'll keep this in mind if it starts up again. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi JHam,

Thanks for the note. You may want to check out the hardware limitations of the M1 Mac Mini. I believe the baseline Mac Mini can connect only a certain amount of additional monitors, so you might be bumping up against that limit if you have more than one or two monitors. Could that be the issue? I would also check to see if corrupt preferences might be causing this unexpected behavior. Resetting preferences (after running sync settings) maybe something additional you can try.

Let me know if you have a better solution. Hopefully, others can chime in, as well.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines