• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

premiere pro wont launch or open when I press open

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open Premiere pro, it does not open. The version is up to date and I've followed all of the possible solutions. Anyone know of a more modern work around?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.  I'm assuming that it worked at one time... If so, has anything changed:  os or premiere updates, additional hardware added, additional software installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem. Would appreciate help!
(Just purchased premiere pro subscription a couple months ago and recently updated to 15 - have not been able to open since.)

Try to open Premiere Pro - it crashes after loading splash screen and loading some plugins.

Have tried resetting cache and preferences.
Have tried uninstalling and re-installing.
Have tried setting up a new administrator and intsalling on that user. Same problem there.
Tried to delete an old plugin but am not seeing other old plug-ins or extensions... Getting pretty frustrated!

Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 6.07.11 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd suggest you revert to premiere 14 if you need to get back to work immediately.

Since you have the problem while loading plug-ins you might install digital rebellions pro maintenance tools

https://www.digitalrebellion.com/promaintenance/

There's a plug-in manager that allows you to easily remove any and all plug-ins temporarily and see if that solves your issues.  Pretty sure there's a free trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and 2012 mac is pushing it as far as Premiere 2015.  That said, I'm running it on a 2012 macbookpro without any major issues.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tips. I actually was able to uninstall all the old plugins and that did the trick! Maybe your plug-in manager will help the original poster as well.

(I had used premiere pro on this old computer back in 2012 so I was trying to remember what plug-ins I was using back then. Managed to remove them by going directly to the developer's site and getting an uninstaller. I'll keep your plug-in manager in my back pocket for the future as "using my brain to remember them all" is not the best solution going forward! If things crap out again in the future I'll chalk it up to this old computer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines