Premiere Pro wont play sound through headphones

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

im having trouble getting premiere to play any kind of audio through a pair of regular earphones plugged into the earphone jack on the computer. every other program will play sound through the earphones which makes me think its not the computer or the earphones but a setting problem on premiere. is there something i need to change so that i can get it playing through some ear buds?

TOPICS
Audio , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Advocate , Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017
Have you gone to the application Preferences and checked Audio Hardware settings? Check what Default Output is set to! You can get there by going toMac: Premiere Pro (menu) -> Preferences -> Audio HardwareWindows: Edit (menu) -> Preferences -> Audio Hardware

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020
This should be fixed in 14.1. If it is not fixed in 14.1 for you, please let me know and I'll let the team know. For those that have filed a bug or feature request for the last several years, I wanted to thank you. It's been quite a grind, but as a community, we finally got it done. Sometimes it's those long, hard fought battles that are the most satisfying when we finally prevail! Kevin

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SAME, Solved!

Easy:  in Premiere Pro click EDIT/PREFERENSES/AUDIO HARDWARE

make sure Device Class is MME and Set your "Device Input" to "NO INPUT"

Now try playing clip again.

Worked for me!!

Good luck

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines