• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Workspaces STILL not working

Contributor ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I updated to Version 12.1.2 (Build 69) hoping that the problem with my Workspaces would be fixed but it wasn't.

When I arrange my windows the way I like them, I go Workspaces --> Save As New Workspace, title and save it. But when I close Premiere and re-open a project, the windows are not where I saved them. If I go to Workspaces --> and select the new one I just saved, nothing changes!

This was a problem before today's update and continues to be a problem despite this from Adobe's list of Bug Fixes in the new version: "Workspaces save now correctly with the project"

I have been putting up with this issue hoping it would be fixed in the next update but sadly it was not.

Any suggestions?

macOS

High Sierra - Version 10.13.5

2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5

64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best wishes ... and good luck!

Yea, the Cleaner only does it's best job when it does everything. And even then, reinstall/clean/reinstall has been necessary a couple times. Total pain in the "tush" but ... at least I got working again.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup the workspaces still do not work. Seems to be a weirs glitch that affects some users and works properly for others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too can not save a workspace.  I have to rearrange the panels every time I start a new project.  PLEASE correct this. Working on PC Windows 10 all up to date.  Using version 13.1.0 Premiere Pro CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a "fix" as stated in the FAQ. It's simply a workaround. We still need a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After resetting, and recreating, do you still lose your workspaces?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.

The Project window, which I undocked and moved to my left monitor, ended up docked in my right monitor. That's not where it was when I saved it.

The other wiindows are where I placed them, but the Project window goes back to the right monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it's a joke. That early April 2019 PP update (you know, the one that came out of nowhere and made you resave all your project files to yet another file name) didn't fix the existing problem, and it's now broken for new installs.

I installed a fresh PP 2019 on a brand new Windows 10 system that has never had CC installed on it, and workspaces are still broken in PP. They work fine in Photoshop and Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps this observation may be helpful:

When I rebuilt my hard drive and advanced to Mojave, I discovered that on my 3-display desktop system, the monitors would often switch desktop images upon restarts. I had a very cordial and pleasant phone conversation with Apple tech-support, and they came away from the situation agreeing that there was a bug in the os somewhere, and they would be pursuing it.

At the same time, I began having this problem with PP saved workspaces. Often times, when I switch between my several custom layouts, I find that the displays will have full-screen window groupings placed on top of each other on a single monitor. When this happens, I need to drag the groupings back to the displays they're supposed to be on.

Furthermore, it seems like I can successfully switch out PP workspaces 2-or-3(?) times per booted Premiere session without a hitch, and on that final switch, the problem emerges. An app restart makes it go away, for another 2-or-3 times.

I'm wondering if the Adobe PP issue is potentially tied to the Mac OS issue. Hopefully this contributes some constructive insight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on High Sierra. Decker1222 is on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, so much for that theory Oh well... I'll continue to follow this. Keep me posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workspaces also worked perfectly fine in PP 2018 on both my Windows 10 machine and High Sierra. They worked fine in 2017 and 2016. It's only with CC 2019 that they've failed in both High Sierra, Mojave, and Windows 10.

Last project I did, I just gave up on them and used the default workspaces. It wasn't great, but I couldn't screw around with it anymore and just had to adapt to get the task done.

Since it fails on every OS, it's clearly an inherit bug in PP 2019, or maybe a way PP 2019 talks to Creative Cloud and writes/overwrites/double reverts the workspaces between them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a desktop or laptop? Either way, how many displays are connected to your workstation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, my problem isn't about a window not docking to the right or left monitor. I wish it was just that simple for me. It's about Workspaces not being saved at all.

• I can resize and delete every single window in PP 2019, save it as a Workspace called Trashy Test, and then quit out of PP 2019.
  • I re-open PP 2019, start a new project, and it gives me the default Editing workspace as expected.
  • I click on Workspaces => Trashy Test, expecting it to change my entire window layout to Trashy Test, and it does nothing. The windows flash briefly but nothing is actually changed or moved or modified.
  • I click on Workspaces => Audio Editing (or any of the other defaults that came with PP 2019) and the workspace changes properly.
  • It's only my custom workspaces that I specifically Save which just plain don't work, and have worked fine in v2016, 2017, and 2018.

I tried to make a workaround by creating a blank project, re-arranging all the windows properly, and then using that blank project as a template for future projects.. but even that didn't work. Opening the blank project just gave me the Editing workspace, which I couldn't change to any of my custom work spaces.

Also, on my Mac, I'm on a laptop and a 4k monitor run in dual screen mode. On my Windows 10 machine, I'm on a desktop with a single 1440p monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep.. you got issues, bro. I feel like there's a deeply seated preference setting in PP about saving custom workspaces with projects-- this is starting to ring a bell. I'm gonna' look at that when I get in tomorrow morning. I'm on EDT; will post back with something mid-afternoon. Keep up your good work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

personally on the latest OSX and Premiere as of now. I have one workspace that I always use called "main space"

I only recently (last couple months) started having this issue where i would open up a project and my workspace would be jumbled. typically just one panel is combined with another, or in a different spot than i saved it as a few hours/days/minutes previous. resetting to the save layout does nothing. even when i arrange everything back to how I like it, and save changes to the workspace, it will still jumble and mess up. Its not every time but its becoming more and more of a regular thing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an acknowledged issue, and ... hoping for a bug fix for this whenever they release the next patch.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yawn...we've heard this before. It's been a known issue for nearly a year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yawn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problems here.

Latest versions of Premiere and Mojave OS.

Saved workspaces end up jumbled, project panel displays different metadata than what I had set it at, etc. This is enormously frustrating when sitting with a client, stopping to dig around and look for things that aren't where I expect them to be. Once I reset my space the way I want, I can fly around Premiere very productively, but it is super frustrating to have to redo this Every. Single. Time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anywhere on this forum where Adobe has acknowledged the bug on their side? I remember reading that somewhere. I really hope they have this on the list so my project panel doesn't keep opening in random places. I open a lot of projects and it becomes a mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were a couple (of the many) threads where it was formally acknowledged by engineers. And is in the list for the next update.

Which we is all awaitin' rather eagerly ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's good to see Adobe is working on the important things...such as creating new message boards. Whew, we could hardly get our work done with the disaster that was the old boards.

I wonder where they'll focus their attention next...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all the of the troubleshooting recommendations and I'm still having the same problem with the workspaces. My custom workspaces do not open to the saved positions. The  project panel always goes to the top right position. Regardless of where I save it. Adobe has been no help to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines