• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro - XML export

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export an XML of my timeline for import into resolve. I get a super fast progress bar, but no Save Converted Project As window. I can't figure out where the XML is going, if anywhere... Its not coming up ina search on xml. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do File/Export/FCP XML, I get a Windows Explorer window allowing me to select name/location ... then it goes to work.

It's not working that way for you?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil. No, that second window isn’t appearing. Maybe if I switched
from Safari to Chrome as my preferred browser…!--
ML

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For pc a thing called ' file explorer' allows you to look for hard drives and folders and files in the hard drives... it's not something on the internet... it's just looking at stuff on your computer.

when you export xml it goes into a hard drive, and folder on that hard drive. the default for PPRO is on your c drive if you don't set your preferences to put exported stuff into a special location you like. for me it is drive D , adobe exports.  anything I export from PPRO goes into that drive and folder, which makes it easy for me to find stuff. It has nothing to do with a browser, which searches the internet.

look at ( goolge etc. ) what your options are to export stuff from PPRO and how to set your preferences. or read a help file from adobe on that subject.

: )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the exact same problem now. I try to export an XML, get a very fast "simplifying project" progress bar, and then nothing. It never gives me an option to save it anywhere.

I tried it with a different project and it is fine. I tried copying my timeline into a new project, same problem. So something with the timeline seems to be causing it, but I'm not doing anything different from all of the times it has worked before. Everything is flat and stripped.

I'm using Windows 11 with  PP 23.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines