• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere productions / .Prlock files issue - SNS EVO

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work at a small post facility and we just installed an SNS EVO to work off of remotely. 
When using Premiere Productions on the server, with multiple editors, we get a strange issue that doesn't occur if only one editor is in the production at a time. 
Let's say we have Editor1 and Editor2 in a production working in different projects within it. When those Editors are done with cutting, they'd save but run into an issue with being able to close and save the project, and they'd receive this error.

Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 1.35.43 PM.png

Even though they had read/write access to this project by opening it first, there seems to be an issue with permissions possibly?

I know you can delete Prlock files manually as well, but we can't even do that:

Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 1.52.55 PM.png

Our setup for the production follows the "Adobe Premiere Pro Best Practices & Workflow Guide" and we've made sure our machine/server clocks are on the same time as well.

Any ideas on what could be causing this save issue with multiple editors?

Computers are all 2019/i9/MBPs and are all on macOS Catalina 10.15.7 / Premiere 2021 V15.4.3. The SNS EVO shares are all set to “unlocked” as well.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just checking in. Is this issue still happening in your Productions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LIke John, I want to know how it's going for your group now ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey John and Neil,

We're working with support as I type this.

Running on Mac OS Catalina seems to be the issue, but Big Sur and Monterey run smoothly and don't incur any errors. 

Our workaround now is to save our projects/productions into Google Drive with our media living on the SNS EVO, and that runs really well. 

Eventually, once my company's IT team approves upgrading to a newer OS, that will solve our issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines