Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Productions: Prods can't find media that is present

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I'm collaborating with a few editors, all remote, on a feature film that was set up in PP Productions v 14.7.0. We're still working in that version, and don't want to upgrade this late in the game. We're approaching picture lock and facing some serious tech glitches that are slowing us down. 

Recently another editor on the film altered the way that Premiere interprets zoom audio clips that were recorded in stereo but needed to be switched to mono. The editor sent me the updated project containing the updated sequences with the updated audio clips, but my PP Prods was fritzing because, as we found out, I needed her updated Media projects as well. Once we figured that out and I added those Media projects to my Prods, I have still been having issues with the media that came back from her, and I am too far down the line in editing with that material to stop editing with it.

I've tried to do some detective work on the sequences that have been giving me particular trouble, and I am seeing these attached windows pop up for 2 different audio clips. I right click > reveal in project, and these windows pop up telling me I dont’ have the associated media projects. But I do have the media, they are just in updated Media projects that have different filenames. Premiere PP is also telling me that I don't have particular past Media projects that are particular to the other editor's setups and filepaths. What could be going on here? We are approaching picture lock and this issue is slowing us down considerably and it’s obviously concerning for eventual turnover. Another thing to note is that as more footage was being shot and integrated into the production, this editor would send updated Media projects with updated filenames to us as we needed them in order to see the new scenes. I've never had an issue with her workflow before, so why now? 

Other system info: I'm on a 2020 iMac 27-inch, OS is Catalina v 10.15.6. 

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, my ... getting filename confusion this late in a project is a mess! Wowza.

@Kevin-Monahan  ... could you get some help here? I might try with PCs, but as this is a Mac filename/drive issue perhaps, it's not something I've got familiarity with.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Harrison,

I'm sorry about the issue you are facing. Have you tried unlinking audio media in the orginal project and then relinking to the proper media there? I would then import this repaired sequence into the Project file. Have you tried that?

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your response. What do you mean by 'original project'? I'm not sure I understand the workflow you're describing. Importing which repaired sequence? 

Many thanks!

Annie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines