• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Productions U.i. not updating

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have been trying to use the Premiere productions function on windows 10, Adobe premiere 2023 v23.0.

It is my first time using the production function and already running into problems with the production window: If I rename a folder or production or just move things around, it does not update until the whole project is closed and reopened. If I make a new folder "main edits" the folder is created on the windows side and I can see it inside the folder structure, but the folder does not appear in the premiere production until a restart of the program.

Is there a refresh function or something I am missing here? This seems to be the most basic feature to not work. I am truly baffled at this point.  

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the guides for working with Productions, and the process is quite different at first.

Using Productions in Premiere Pro

Productions reference pdf

This can also be of good use whether working in Productions or not ...

Adobe Long-form and Episodic Best Practices Guide

Once you create a Production, you do ALL folder management for that Production within Premiere. Whether it's creating new folders for organization of your Production, or projects within those folders for holding project bits.

So from your Production panel, you right-click/New Folder to add folders to organize the project. You can add subfolders within folders this way also.

And then from those folders, you right-click/New Project to create your projects.

Do NOT do this outside Premiere in the Finder/Explorer windows.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Neil, thank you very much for your reply. I will be looking through these pdfs that you sent to get a better understanding of the productions workflow. However, I am pretty sure that what I am expeirencing is some type of error or problem with the u.i. Please see the attached video for the problem I am having. 

Changes made in the production window ARE updating on the folder side, but the changes are not updating in the production window itself. Thank you for your time and response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had problems with folders created inside the Productions Panel not showing at first. They will, eventually, if you keep messing around in the Productions panel, maybe creating a new Project or trying various ways to make Premiere refresh.

Is your Production folder in some cloud synchronized folder by any chance (OneDrive, Dropbox etc)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you for your reply. I am using dropbox! The hope with productions is to streamline our assist / editor workflow and transfer sequences back and forth without redundant media and stuff. The team projects function seemed like a good option for a minute but I realized that setup of productions makes morse sense for our workflow on the shared dropbox. 

Surely using a cloud synced folder wouldn't mess up the production workflow right? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, but it can with Dropbox/WeTransfer and many others.

The way they setup, monitor, check, and 'backup' files & folders can get stuff added to file headers that they check for their processes. Which throw Premiere off as suddenly a folder or file doesn't look like it "should" to Premiere.

We tried that ... and found we needed to use it simply as a transfer service, keeping all files on local discs. Outside of the D-box/W-trans options.

The one that does work is using LucidLink's service to match with say Amazon S3 servers. I'm in Oregon, my partner is in Cape Town. We use an S3 server in London, with LL providing file transfer services.

It sets up virtual drives on our machines, his Mac, my PC.

He calls me from Cape Town, he's uploading a file of media to our London servers via LL. Within seconds, that folder he's uploading from Cape Town appears in my virtual drive ... and another few seconds, the subfolders and files start appearing.

I go into Premiere and import the files as soon as they appear in the virtual drive, Premiere imports them, and I can even drag/drop to a timeline and get playback ... for a file which isn't even fully uploaded from Cape Town to London ... it seems magical.

You need decent internet speeds ... his is 1Gb, mine is around 160Mbps. As long as its only one stream of H.264 or no more than a couple ProRes up through UHD, I can get normal playback as if the file was local. But in late afternoon, with ISP speed dropping to 135Mbps or less, and latency going up some, it can get dicy at times.

That's one way to do this.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issues with a Production in my OneDrive, but not with Productions outside of it.

I think it's mentioned in one of the docs linked by Neil above that there are some considerations regarding consumer cloud services. 

Anyway, you can try for a test a Production outside your Dropbox folder.

Also, at least in my case, the folders did eventually show up in the Production panel, just with some delay. Restart of the app was not required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines