Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere project with iZotope plug-ins hangs 3/4's in at start-up

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been plagued with this issue for a while now, across many projects, but it's just worsened with PrPro2022 to a point where I can't launch certain projects anymore. The triggering factors seem to be 1) the use of iZotope Neutron 3 plug-ins and 2) the accumulation of a certain number of those plug-ins accumulated through all sequences.

The start-up progress bar basically "jams" 3/4's into its full length and there's nothing else to do than kill the process. Then it's a painful process of restart/kill/repeat until it goes thru in full. Sometimes a full reboot helps, but not much. Typically the project will finally open at the 4th or 5th attempt, but not today...

There does not need to be many plug-ins, nor a huge number of them, even in pretty simple sequences... Disabling all of the plug-ins before exiting a successful launch does not help; resetting the Preferences or the Plug-ins cache do not help either.

The resource monitor shows very little activity: 2% CPU usage and a few MB of memory (out of 64GB alloted to PPro, of a total of 128GB).

I've just duplicated the project on another drive, thinking it could trigger the Relink UI and perhaps help things out, but the Relink UI did not come up; same hang.

At this point, it's pretty useless to be honest, for this given project I've lost the last hour trying to get into it...

What are my options? Is there a magical shortcut I could use to bypass the plug-ins at start-up? A log file that could display the issue at hand?

Using the latest 2022 Cloud version on Windows 10. Intel Core i7-6800K @ 3.40GHz, 128GB of RAM, 500 GB SSD system disk (200 GB free), 1TB SSD Scratch disk, many TBs of NAS storage over 10GigE...

TIA for any help --Alain

TOPICS
Audio , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update to this for anyone?  I'm literally just having to make new projects every time I want to use these plugins.  It's infuriating. Adobe blames Izotope, Izotope blames Adobe.

The end user is the big loser!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just don’t use izotope anymore. 'Adobe Podcast' AI app does a much better job

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The voice of “Adobe Podcast” is disgusting. I sent my example to the support service. Robotic and often does not pronounce clearly and changes words. They are still far from Izotope and the like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously you can mix the super clean AI results a bit with the original or regularly cleaned up audio (Audition isn’t bad). Working for me. Have fun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realized one thing. If developers spit on their users, then why use their product and waste your nerves and deprive yourself of development. Switch to alternative products and delight yourself with new opportunities and successes. And let them throw sticks at each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

I've generated a bug to investigate whey this is taking so much longer than other effects.  I'll try to remember to add any updates when I can here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines