• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Proxies Freeze towards end of clip when proxy button is turned on

Enthusiast ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An assistant editor made me high res / pro res proxies of 4k footage for a show I'm working on. When I turn on the proxy button, about 44 seconds into the clip it freezes. (Go to next clip, freezes 18 seconds in). When I turn off proxy button the issue goes away and none of the clip has any freeze frames on it. But when the proxy button is turned off, I notice that the in-to-out points change for the clips I've already laid down on the timeline.Something else weird I'm noticing: when the clip freezes, its the same end frame/image as when i turn off the proxy button. It's almost as if turning on the proxy button this time changes the frame rate of the clip. Like its all there when its a proxy but the freeze happens at 18 seconds into a 1 min and 30 second clip. and when the proxy button goes off, I'm able to play all 1 min and 30 seconds of it.

I've been using proxy workflows seemlessly with no issues for episodes 1 and 2. But now in episode 3 I'm seeing these proxy issues I've never seen before. I think I tried to redo one from proxy from scratch and the issue persisted. These clips are not over 4 gigs

Not sure what camera it was shot on. I'll find out and report back. codec of clip: avci. Does anyone know whats going on? And why this is happening or how to fix it?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction: when i go to the video codec column in premiere it says Video Codec is Apple ProRes 422 (and I have the proxy button turned off). Footage came from a folder on the external hard drive called "FS5 ATOMOS-4raw"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to create proxies from scratch, this yellow box warning in premiere just popped up that said File Importer Detecetd an Inconsistency in the file structure of (file name). REading and writing this file's metadata (XMP) has been disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think the file might be corrupted because when I take the file into After Effects for instance, and drop it on the icon of a precomp so that it starts a new composition that matches the frame rate and frame size of the clip and render it out as if its a brand new clip, and then bring it into premiere and make a new proxy, i no longer have the freeze issue. Mind you, the quicktime settings that were being used in AE made the file size blimp from 3 gigs to 38 gigs (face palm). i tried taking it into encoder but couldnt figure out how to tell encoder to match the frame rate. (frame rate in premiere says 23.976 but when you bring it into encoder it says the source is 119.88 fps)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

when i rendered it out of AE and made a proxy of that AE render, I tried to get the original 3gb file in premiere to adopt this new proxy ("attach proxy" but it wouldnt take).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines