Premiere "suddenly" doesn't like MP3s anymore

Participant ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working in older project. Dragged Mp3 file into bin (as I always do) and it plays no audio and will not generate a waveform. Convert file to WAV before import and the WAV imports fine. But it still should not behave this way. I am demoing a lot of music tracks one at a time. I don't need the extra steps.

So I created a brand new clean project (nothing in the project at all) and imported the Mp3. Audio comes in fine and generates waveform. Good!

So I import over my older project's bins into this new project and try importing again.

The problem returns - no audio, no waveform. 

Mod note: Profanity removed. Please avoid it moving forward. Thank you for complying with our community guidelines.

TOPICS
Audio , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BrownFish,

Sorry about that. Thank you for sharing your workaround. .mp3s, though not desirable to use in post-production, should work in a pinch. There has been a reasonably long-running mystery around the .mp3 filetype that has not been solved yet. I have not been able to solve the issue, but I am investigating. Can you share where you got the files? I am trying to figure out if it's due to the source or a Premiere Pro bug. It's interesting that it works in a new project, but not an existing one. I have not heard that symptom until now. Thanks for telling us. Any additional info might help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin - SUPER grateful for fast reply.

I'm embrassed to say the one thing I didn't try right away appears to have worked. I simply restarted my computer (face palm emoji here)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems that a lot of users met the same issue when importing MPs to the Premiere clips.

1. Please try clear your Media Cache in Premiere Pro

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-premier...

2. If that doesn't work, try resetting the preferences

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premie...

3. You can also try to Reset a workspace

• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.

The solution that worked for me was updating my graphics driver and importing the old project into a new one.

By the way, you can also continue to try to import the WAV, the best audio for premiere pro. You can try to use Macsome streaming music tools to download WAV from Spotify, Deezer, Amazon, etc. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines