Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere random crashes and freezing on render

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

So i started a new project yesterday using a mixed bag of footage. Gopro Hero 7 (mp4, .h264, 2.7k 50fps), Sony A7siii (mp4, .h265, XAVC S 4k 100fps) (slog3 and HLG, <-- not sure if this makes a difference yet), DJI Mavic 2 Pro (mp4, .h265, 4k 25fps), JPG photo timelapse. I proxied the A7siii footage, left the rest and editing went smoothly. Clip is 4 minutes 30 seconds, 4k 25fps timeline, 3840x1645.

PC Specs:

Windows 10

Intel i9-9980HK

32GB Ram

RTX 2060

(ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo if you want to look it up)

The problem came when i tried to render the project out.

So the problem is:

- Randomly freezes during export at a random percent everytime so i cannot isolate which clip or effect is the problem. No error message.

- Randomly freezes during "render in to out" at a random frame everytime so i cannot isolate which clip or effect is the problem. No error message.

- When i try to stop both of the above process premiere crashes.

- About 70% of the time i close premiere using task manager. The program closes but premiere seems to still be running in the background not allowing me to reopen premiere. I then have to restart my PC.

- 30% of the time i can close through task manager and then can try and re open premiere.

- The next problem is that when i reopen premiere. Either after restartimg my PC or just closing through task manager. It crashes on start up, gives a missing media error with no missing media or i get a blank monitor window, can do a couple of things and then crash. When premiere manages to resume the project i can then edit, playback and do whatever fine.... until i try and export again.

My trouble shooting process:

- Cleared cached and preference multiple time. Shift + Alt on premiere start up and manually.

- Dialled back to every previous version up to 14.4

- Removed all adjustment layers and effects leaving just raw video

- Called Adobe Support who helped me do a clean install. Tested a video export with the Adobe tutorial footage which worked fine... therefore it wasn't their problem.

In depth trouble shooting:

- I then managed to group all different media types (gopro, a7siii, mavic, photo timelapse) and export just the video (no effects, etc.) as DNxHR HQ 4k 25. This exported succesfully. I then imported those .mxf files back into premiere and applied the color grade and minor effects. Tried to export and failed again... same problem as above.

- I tried with out color grade and effects... failed.

No what i have done is copy the files over to after effects where i'm exporting the edit as a lossless .avi. I'm hoping i will then be able to use media encoder to convert that to .h264 and be done.

What i think is going wrong is that premiere or media encoder cannot handle the switch between media types during render. I'm guessing this was why i was able to render the media fine when it was grouped together. I did try to render individual clips while adding adjustment layers and effects 1 by 1 to see if it was anything to do with and adjustment or effect... it worked 50% of the time... but failed randomly, so could not isolate the problem again.

Tried searching for a similar problem but haven't found anyone who is experiencing this issue. Does anyone have any idea what problem i am experiencing? Or how to resolve?

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Formats , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have the latest STUDIO driver installed.

NVIDIA Studio Driver | 460.89 | Windows 10 64-bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Just saw this on some other posts. Will try and revert back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, pls do you later find a way out on thi? If yes, kindly help me out. I'm facing same problem at the moment 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah I found the solution. I since moved to Da Vinci Resolve and you should probably do the same. Premiere is absolute garbage and made me pretty much give up on video editing.

But seriously, what it came down to was basically switching drivers and premiere versions till it worked. I couldn't isolate and exact fix but one day it just worked. Sorry man. Goodluck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines