Copy link to clipboard
Adobe Premiere Replace with After Effects Composition is not working as it should. It is now creating PreComposed Compositions within the Precomposed Composition. this now adds a level of agravation because you are forced to visit the RAW file and set IN's and OUT's if you want to prevent yourself from in order to use tools such as the Tracking Modules. If you're dealing with a clip that is over an hour this can get dangerous there in which a simple user error of sliding a clip can cause a signifigant amout of time if set incorrectly. I just worked on a project within the last week where this wasn't a problem. I don't know what has changed I don't know what is different but I can't use the Legacy Stabelzation features in the First Composition with the clip that has the in and outs already applied within the layer.
Copy link to clipboard
Have you also posted about this on the AfterEffects forum? Might get some good help there for Ae/Pr issues.
Hi Neil, Thanks for reviewing my issue. I thought about it, just didn't want to get flagged for spamming the issue.
This is more serious than I initially thought. It will be virtually impossible for me to do any of the things that are associated with the Footage Window. The IN's and OUT's are not retiained. I've been up and down the Preferences looking for somthing I may have missed. I've Uninstalled and Reinstalled both programs. I've cleared all my Cache Files. I don't know what more I can do. I spent the last 48 hours working in both programs and didn't have any issues, I wake up today and I'm completey a mess. I will never make my deadlines. Thanks again for reviewing.
Okay,... It's something inside my project file... I wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with XMP Data that wasn't selected during the intitial project creation and import of clips. I am going to do some further investingation into this and determine what is the issue and post any updates I uncover...
1. I did start a clean Premiere Project, imported the same clip and it worked fine... So it is something within the Premiere Project that I need to figure out. I did also try importing the project within a new Premiere Project and that didn't seem to work.
This has been posted more than once. I have already replied.
Thank you for your Reply,... I'm aware of how to work around the issue,... I no longer believe that this is a "Bug" within Premiere and or After Effects, it boils down to the XML Data,... By tracing my steps through the project it has become clear that it was choices made within my workflow that are at the root cause.
I just wish that the XML Data was easier to work with it so that I could fix the No.1 Reason they're failing in the first place. Believe me when you're working with 500 Clips in Premiere, and you randomly want to use After Effects more advanced tools, one additional step within your editing process can bring you to a knees.
Thank you once again for replying.
Neil, Only you and a few others here within the community can appreciate where I think things went off the rails within my workflow that caused this to take place. Its not a Bug, its not something that Adobe has to even look into. It would be great if there was an easy way to fix it from happening however, I don't think that there is as of yet.
When my initial project I generate Proxy Files, I then share those Proxy files with another Editor. There are many times where I will delete the Proxy Files only to Re-Create them at a later date... and that is where in lies the issue. The rough cut editor used the proxy files that I provided. I then received the Rough Cut and reconnected the Full Resolution Media,... Not the Same XMP Data... and that is what's necessary when using Dynamic Linking within Premiere and After Effects. I tried clearing every form of a data within my cache files and was sure to have the "Create XMP Data Upon Import" checked within both programs however, that didn't work out. I'll just have to figure out how to handle this differently in the future.
Good catch. Yea, that whole thing with this process within and between apps being so totally driven by the stored metadata within the app's project files ... makes both internal and cross-app connections rather fragile if anything 'there' changes.
Deleting any part of a project while it is on-going is simply a potential problem ... a "Danger Will Robinson!" moment. After you're done, and you're archiving it, then sure. But during a multi-app, multi-user project .... wouldn't advise it.