• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Shifts Clips Position During Transition

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently having an issue in which my clips' Position appears to shift after applying a transition -- they move while the transition is running, and then snap back to their original position when it completes.

It doesn't happen for every transition -- Cross Dissolve is an exception, for example, but all my third-party transitions and the more complex stock ones have this problem (Screen Recording, attached, shows it when using Non-Additive Dissolve -- it not only shifts the video, but actually mirrors it as well!). It just started for me yesterday. Any idea what could be causing this? It's seriously hampering my workflow.

I have attached a clip of the glitch in action. I am running Premiere Pro 15.4.7 on MacOS 10.15.7 on a Mid-2015 15" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Quad-Core i7, Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB. 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us information about the footage that you're working with? If it was shot with a phone (which i'm assuming from what I see) or recorded off of the web it may have a variable frame rate and other quirks.

I would try downloading the free app Hand Brake and exporting your footage to a fixed frame rate and then try using it in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response! I understand why you'd think it was shot on a phone given the vertical format of the edit, but the footage in this example is widescreen 4K footage at 50 FPS. The same issue was happening for me yesterday in the exact same way on multiple other types of footage and text -- even attempting to use a transition to bring in a text layer results in the exact same issue, where it is shifted down until the transition completes, and then it goes to its intended location. I have also tried changing the framerates of the sequences and that makes no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work,try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. When I transition between two images, at the end of the transition the image shifts to a different position. Tried everything mentioned above as a fix. Nothing worked. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this problem after I applied the Iris transition to a subsequence containing a graphic with an animated mask. When the transition was applied the mask and graphic appeared to shift position. Rendering the effects didn't help. It did the same thing when the video was exported as well.

In my case, the fix was to slice the clip with the graphic at a point where the mask was no longer needed, then delete the mask from the new clip. Once I did that, the transition worked properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for posting your "workaround."  This is one of the things that makes this forum so valuable.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines