Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere shortcuts keep getting deleted

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am currently using the newest version of Premiere CC. Since the last update it keeps deleting all of the standard keyboard shortcuts (so "V" for selection tool and "C" for cut tool and all the other stuff are deleted/gone). To fix this I have to always reset the presets by holding ALT + SHIFT whilst the Premiere loading screen shows on start-up.

Annotation 2019-12-05 144109.png

Has anybody else experienced the same? If yes, have you got a fix for this? I am tired of always resetting my shortcuts to its original state.

Regards

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Hello,

I just found the cause for this. I have activated the English and German keyboards in Windows 10. If I have got English selected all my shortcuts do not work anymore. So, if I switch back to German it works again. This is weird, as most of the shortcuts are the same on both keyboards.

My temporary fix of resetting the Premiere presets seems also to change behaviour so that the English keyboard gets recognized as long as I have got that language selected. If I switch to German again it does

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Premiere Pro forum for you, where you are more likely to receive an answer to your question.

Note that the Community Help forum is for help in how to use the Adobe Communities. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I did not know that. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is new to all of us. It will take a bit of time to get used to it. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see your custom keyboard listed in the drop-down at the top of the Keyboard shortcuts dialog?

If not, then Premiere is 'missing' some of your preferences on loading, which is typically a file/folder permissions issue in the OS of your computer. Sometimes solved by setting Premiere to "Run As Administrator" if you don't already have it set for that.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

yes, I can see my custom keyboard. I do have to say that I did not create any custom keyboard shortcuts in the first place. Nonetheless, all of the shortcuts located in every keyboard preset are gone (when the mentioned bug occurs).

I also tried running Premiere CC as an administrator. Sadly, that did not fix this problem and even added another problem, where I cannot open Premiere files located on network drives. It states something along the lines of "Cannot find files. The network drive cannot be found or is disconnected", although it is connected. As soon as I disable the admin rights these files can be opened again.

EDIT: I should have made it clearer from the beginning. I am not bugged about "my" shortcuts being deleted (as I do not have any custom shortcuts) - I am bugged about the deleted standard shortcuts like "V" for the selection tool and all the other standard stuff which are missing.

Regards,
Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that's the horse of a different color.

If Premiere is not loading the "standard" keyshorts, something is off in the installation or the startup of the app. Do each of the following, reboot and relaunch Premiere, and see if it's fixed.

First step of much Premiere troubleshooting is of course Delete/Trash Media/cache files

The second is Trashing Preferences

After that, I'd try a basic uninstall/reinstall.

If those don't work, come back again ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there 

i tried the steps here and kept getting nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yoedco,

Please list your OS and number-dot-number version of Premiere ... as in 14.0.0(build 572) from the Help/About menu in Premiere.

Is this a first install of Premiere, or have you been running it on that computer before? Is this the same in other projects?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can copy the default shortcuts to the working folder. The default shortcuts are here:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2020\Keyboard Shortcuts

image.png

Go inside one of these language groups and copy the files inside to:

C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\14.0\Profile-YOU\Win

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just found the cause for this. I have activated the English and German keyboards in Windows 10. If I have got English selected all my shortcuts do not work anymore. So, if I switch back to German it works again. This is weird, as most of the shortcuts are the same on both keyboards.

My temporary fix of resetting the Premiere presets seems also to change behaviour so that the English keyboard gets recognized as long as I have got that language selected. If I switch to German again it does not work anymore just as one would expect.

I noticed this while working with Photoshop CC and thinking to myself that this bug cannot be (or the odds are very slim) occuring on two different Adobe products.

Thanks for all the replies and the help! Really appreciate it!

Regards,
Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am also having the same problem and have not found a fix yet, i tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it hasn't worked. does anyone have a fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have something like OneDrive auto-backing up your system to cloud storage, this can happen. I fought OneDrive over this for several days last fall.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

so I was reading through this post, because I was having the same issue.

I tried all the steps that's been brought up through this thread, and nothing has helped.

HOWEVER

I just found out, that if you open Premiere, without having Creative Cloud open at the same time (and opening it from there) - It acts differently, so I tested the theory, and sure enough, when I open it through Creative Cloud, everything is as it should be, but if I open it without Creative Cloud, I'm missing all my presets.

It even looks like it saves different recent events.

I hope this helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines