• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere still slowly in apple chips

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why premiere is not optimized for apple chips? Premiere in my lenovo legion (2017) gtx 1060 32 gb still faster than a macbook pro m2 512 8gb for export videos. Apple super hype? i see all the videos in youotube saying apple chips are the fastest....i dont know.

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some potential problems:

First, export performance on macOS is still significantly slower than on Windows, regardless of the hardware used.

Second, Premiere Pro was written first and foremost for CUDA for GPU acceleration. Unfortunately, only Nvidia GPUs support CUDA at all. Apple, Intel and AMD GPUs do not. And historically Premiere Pro performs worse on OpenCL and Metal than on CUDA - no exceptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx, in other hand seems to be that Premiere use a lot of ram too. But
sitll i think that new apple chip are super hype.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'll have to get used to Apple chips in Macs. Apple has transitioned just about everything away from Intel chips thanks in part to the Skylake debacle. Apple has a couple of Intel-powered desktop Macs still available new - but they have not been updated at all in at least three years. They still have 4-year-old CPUs powering them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines