• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere suddenly goes slow

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 week into a month long job and I've spent around a 5th of that time dealing with technical issues in Premiere. I updated to 2023, synced a huge project, started working only to slow realise multicam doesn't work on 2023. I've discovered how to go into the guts of the code and take the project back to a 2022 vsn. Shown the 2 other editors how to take their projects back. One of the other editors mouse would dissappear, another edits timeline wouldn't stop playing. Finaly got going, after a week, started having to reset prefs, then ability to right click in bins failed. Then sudden slow down and editing not possible. To any editors reading this, I generally have more crashes in day than 5yrs of Avid use. Stop letting Adobe steal your time trying to fix their product. It's not your computer.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to read that you're experiencing these issues.

In general, it's always better to finish a project in the version you started it in. So, if you can go back to v 2022, please do that. When updating to a newer version, make a copy of the project first. Then, start a new project and import the old project into the new one.

This frequently solves a lot of incompatibility issues. Not a panacea, but just good practice.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, I'd love to be able to finish the project in the new vsn unfortunately 2023 doesn't do multicam for me. Will do on project import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issue, 2022 works fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since late feb/early March multicam editing has become useless for me as well. I can roughly edit for five mintes before premiere crashes. My computer is lightning fast and has tons of RAM. Everything else works fine. I *think* it all started after I updated to windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its only a hunch but try and open up and work on one of the set workspaces and make a fresh new space to work in. I'm sure mine got corrupted on an upgrade and was causing random slow downs. Obviously no science to this just guesswork but that's all I've got left. Oh and a program reinstall and delete of cashe files, peks and data base.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines