• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere timeline stops responding but program is still running

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest version of Adobe Premiere Pro on an HP.

When importing certain files the program "stops" running. By this I mean, the program continues running but anything I do in the timeline isn't shown. If I click somewhere on the timeline, the picture will show up in the source but nothing on the timeline will show up. If I cut or move something, it doesn't show, if I set markers or input outputs or highlight - nothing.

It looks like there is an immense lag in the program but it doesn't go back to normal.

I switched all files to another hard drive - doesn't solve the problem. I tried to edit same project file on another computer - same problem.

If I restart the project in another file, sometimes it works normally, sometimes not, but this is not really a solution. Already deleted cache and I don't seem to find temp files.

This has happened a couple times before, but I've usually gotten it to work by just restarting the project and copy pasting everything. My files are not corrupt, my harddrive is fine, I have enough RAM and GB left on my computer.  What is causing this to happen??

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Troubleshooting https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2261475

-Premiere Pro Video Editing Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

-WITH Exactly which version of Premiere Pro

-WITH exactly what are the codec details of what you are editing?

-WITH what effects are you using with the video?

-WITH exactly what export settings did you use for your output?

-WITH the brand/model graphics adapter (ATI or nVidia or ???) and exact driver version

-Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers

-Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter

•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

•ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera was used to record the problem media?  What format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem happens to me and to other users outside the Adobe community too.
Usually happens after a manual / automatic save for me.
I can't close Premiere Pro CC 2018, I've to force kill by task manager in Windows 10 because PP become frozen if I try to close it or the project.
Adobe should be aware of this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and somebody recommended I reset my workspaces (window>workspaces>reset to saved layout) and that fixed the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did it for me, dog! Preciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me in Adobe Premiere Pro 2021. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too, legend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not working for me in Premiere Pro 2023 unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  Timeline was "missing" until I resized the adjacent panel. I noticed it had stopped after putting relatively short lossless movie files which were exported from after effects into the sequence.

Just upgraded to the latest version of of Premiere and it still happened.  VeganGamerr's suggestion worked:

"window>workspaces>reset to saved layout"

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines