• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere unresponsiveness with Duplicate Frame Markers and Show Caption Tracks enabled

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discovered that if I enable both "Show Caption Tracks" and "Duplicate Frame Markers", Premiere Pro becomes highly unresponsive in my M1 Max Mac (24 GPU cores and 32GB Unified Memory). This happens in both 15.4.1 and 22.1.2.

The interface becomes very sluggish with constant freezes of a few seconds and the color wheel appear while scrubbing through the timeline, opening preferences, changing settings, etc. Playback seems fine though (after it actually starts).

Anyone else noticed this?

TOPICS
Crash , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RicMes!

Sorry to hear that. Have you tried basic troubleshooting like resetting preferences and deleting media cache files?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kartika.

Yes, that was actually how I found out the issue. After noticing that with the "show caption track" enabled the UI became unresponsive, I tried uninstalling, resetting preferences and deleting media cache. It seemed to be resolved until I had to enable "duplicate frame markers" and that's how I found that by enabling both the UI become very slow and would constantly hang for a few seconds. This is happening with both 15.4.1 and 22.1.2. 

Thanks,

Ricardo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RicMes,

Sorry for your issue.

Anyone else noticed this?

Sorry, I did not. I'm the M1 guy on my team. I have H.264 UHD footage and not experiencing any performance hangs. Can you try a fresh project file?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin.

I just created a clean project. Imported a Quicktime ProRes Proxy file, an H.264 MP4 media and a SRT to generetate the subtitle tracks. Made some random edits with each one of the files and then with both. It always happen, except if the timeline os completely zoomed out. As soon as I zoom in a bit it starts to happen again and the UI hang seems to last longer the more zoomed in.

Really weird.

Ricardo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again.

Good news! The new Premiere Pro 22.2 update seems to have fixed this issue. At least for now it it is no longer happening.

Thank you!

Regards,

Ricardo Mesquita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool. Thanks for the report.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again.

Seems that with version 22.4.0 this issue is back on again. I am unable to show duplicate frames with showing caption tracks (UI) or the systems becomes unresponsive as before...  It was working well with before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same problem.

I use a : Adobe Premiere version 22.2
MacOS Catalina 10.15.7
MacBookPro 15 inch
Processor 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7 de 4 cores,
Memory 6 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3,
Graphic card Radeon Pro 560 4 GB
Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB.

I did the same procedures descrived by@RicMes.
I also compressed all my video files to work on Proxys, Apple ProRes 422 low resolution 1024x

I've try then under:
Adobe Premiere version 22.6.2
iMac Pro 2017 under MacOS Monterrey 12.6.1
Processor 3GHz Intel Xeon W10 cores
Memory 64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4
Graphic card Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB
Same problem so it seems it is not a hardware problem.

Activating captions simultaneously Showing Duplicate Frames Markers, even with the captions channel on or off.... (subtitles channel) . AdobePremiere freezes, the color weel appears with every little click or activity. It get's impossible to edit.
The Duplicate Frames Markers on view are very practical, necessary for editors. I think there may be a possibility for AdobePremiere technical team to figure it out. Maybe the bug can be solve for the Duplicate Frame Markers option on the time line, if the coders of Adobe change under that part of the code, that the calculations for the computer to show the Doubled Media Frame Markers on the Timeline do not take account to track duplicates on the Captions Track. Only on the media timeline.
I don't know if this message make sense in english. I appologize if it is not understandable.

Please dear AdobePremiere technical team. It is a great idea the new automatical transcription and the possibility to use the Trint extention for translation and subtitles, also the Adobe automatic captions or subtitles option. But there is that particular need to make work the Duplicate Frame Markers simultaneosly Showing the caption track.

Any solutions in view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can confirm that this is still an issue, in fact I did not experience it in the past, but since updating to 2024 (any version), I have noticed significant input delay with Duplicate Frame Markers on. The second I remove it, everything is fine. I don't even have captions in my sequence, the entire app becomes unresponsive when duplicate frame markers are enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines