• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Upgrade 22.5 Buggy, Unstable, Locking Up

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else having issues with Premiere 22.5 on a iMac? It seems to be sluggish and unstable. It was locking up on me for no reason yesterday. Exporting to Media Composer takes forever. It just seems really unstable and buggy. I am on a 2016 Mac running OS Montery 12.4. I've cleared the media cache and that had little effect. Just curious...Maybe there will be a fix soon...???

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Found one "bug" issue. (I think) 

I was editing in premiere using an mp3 file. Premiere crashed...I converted the mp3 to aiff and was able to continue working

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the poor experience. By Media Composer, did you mean Avid Media Composer, or were you referring to Media Encoder? If you are using Media Encoder, let us know its version number. Also, is this happening with any specific project or all the projects?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! I meant media encoder… I'm not sure why I said media composer! Lol!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically all the new upgrades in Adobe are a little twitchy Photoshop runs a little slow but works out. I haven't tried AfterAffects yet. Premier and media encoder are definitely wonky. It's generally happening on all my projects but a project I was working on yesterday that had some other material in it was chaos. Premier kept locking up and was just generally a nuisance. I ended up making a whole new project and imported just the assets I needed. It's still locked up but I was able to muddle through and get the project done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for the misspellings I'm doing voice to text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me 22.5 was useless on both my iMac and Macbook Pro. I had to roll back to be able to continue working my projects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to roll back to the previous version of Premier and Adobe that is more stable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to roll back to 22.4 because of constant crashing too. If you click the three dots next to OPEN on the All Apps tab of the Creative Cloud manager, you can click on Other Versions to go back to whatever works for you. 22.4 seems to be pretty stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found one "bug" issue. (I think) 

I was editing in premiere using an mp3 file. Premiere crashed...I converted the mp3 to aiff and was able to continue working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MP3 has always been problematic in Premiere Pro for many users.

It is recommended to always convert mp3 to wav before importing into Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines