• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere v. 22.2.0 crashes when working in After Effects (dynamic link)

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm having serious issues when working on projects in which include both After Effects and Premiere Pro. In my Premiere timeline I've got a dynamic link to After Effects. When working in After Effects – especially with text layers and shapes – Premiere crashes randomly. It happens approx. once in an hour.

I've had multible screen sharing sessions with Adobe Supporters without luck.

I'm working on a new Macbook Pro, 16", 2021, macOS Monterey, Apple M1 Max, 64GB

Anyone having same issue? 

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

1) Make sure both PPro and Ae are updated to the latest version.

2) Open up the dynamically linked Aep file separately in After Effects and save it out as an Aep file to ensure it is saved in the latest version format

3) Open up the PPro project again.

If this does not work, you may want to try and run PPro and Ae through Rosetta.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mathias Bach Laursen!

Sorry about the crash. Which version of both applications are you using? Do you see any error codes or messages when it crashes? 

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this, but it's still not working.

What is Rosetta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kartika, I'm using the latest versions from Creative Cloud. I don't get error codes, only a message saying "Sorry, a serious error occurred..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can refer to this article for trying Rosetta (Intel mode): https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT211861

Let us know how it goes.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a known issue with early versions of Ae 2022. Make sure you are using the latest versions. Today that is: Pr 22.2 and Ae 22.2.1 

Next time chec this FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-a...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My applications are up to date 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, there is currently no M1-native release of After Effects. Only the Intel version is currently available. You will need to run Premiere Pro in Rosetta2 (Intel-compatible) mode in order to directly link to After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would avoid dynamic link at the moment until stable versions are released for M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines