Premiere v 22.2 slow and laggy on an updated MacBook Pro 2019

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Since updating to premiere pro v 22.2, I've noticed a significant slowing down/lagging of my premiere. One of my projects was editing 4K footage, so I think that the file sizes/resolutions explains the slowness, but another project, using low-res images and mp4s ripped from YouTube, was experiencing the exact same kinds of slowing/lag. For example, having to drag and drop fades several times before they register, or sometimes having transitions not even register. Another example would be trying to drag media down a timeline and having it not move along with the mouse, meaning that it ends up cutting off previously placed media. Also more simple playback lag. This wasn't a problem that I had until very recently, so I'm wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this?

I've cleared the cache, dedicated the maximum amount of memory to Premiere, updated my computer, and I'm not sure what else to do.

Please let me know if you might have any solutions!

Thanks!

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nate,

Sounds like unexpected behavior. Have you tried resetting preferences (after running Sync Settings)?

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines