• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere v22 beach ball with every click.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody else seeing the beach ball with every click they make? Trashed preferences on open and have restarted multiple times. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Not here. Big Sur 11.6 on a 2019 MBP.

Recent projects (finished ones!) converted, opened and located media exactly as expected.

NB: With a new update or new installation on macOS, it can literally take Pr up to 5 *minutes* to fully launch!

If you've waited your 5 minutes with no joy, try this:

1. Launch Pr from a shortcut (Dock, Launchpad, Desktop) while holding down the Shift+Opt keys.  Opt resets prefs and Shift clears plugin cache.
  2. Keep the keys pressed until the main program window appears.
  3. Be

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not here. Big Sur 11.6 on a 2019 MBP.

Recent projects (finished ones!) converted, opened and located media exactly as expected.

NB: With a new update or new installation on macOS, it can literally take Pr up to 5 *minutes* to fully launch!

If you've waited your 5 minutes with no joy, try this:

1. Launch Pr from a shortcut (Dock, Launchpad, Desktop) while holding down the Shift+Opt keys.  Opt resets prefs and Shift clears plugin cache.
  2. Keep the keys pressed until the main program window appears.
  3. Before trying to open any project or starting a new one, go to Preferences>Media Cache and delete *all* your media cache files.
  4. Now try opening a project or starting a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, didn't know about shift on opening.  Working fine know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually its not working, still slow and always have to force quit when I close out premier. 

Mid 2018 MacBook Pro 11.6

cache on external ssd

media on external nvme

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Poor performance vs spinning beach ball are really 2 separate issues. Perhaps a new topic, if you haven't already, is the best way to go from here.

Is it annoying of me to say that getting past the beach ball into slow performance and force quits is progress?

😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its def not annoying on your part, anything helps. Maybe its just a v22 issue for me then. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem here and I've got a top tier graphics card + maxxed out ram.... Was working fine last week, now ever 2-3 clicks I get a beach ball for about 30 seconds and quitting takes about three minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Every click, I have to wait 5-10 seconds. Help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue- beach ball on every mouse click.  I can shift restart Premiere and trash preferences, disable 3rd party plugins, etc.  Works fine for 30 min or so and then same issue.  Constant restarts just to get through a project.  I think it "may" have to do with the video codecs being used.  It started after a project using 4K Long GOP files from a Canon C70.  Experience it as well with 4K footage from FX6 and FX3.

Macbook Pro M1 Max. 

OS Ventura 13.6. 

64GB RAM

Premiere V24.1

Media drives are external SanDisk Extreme SSDs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meant to include that there's no difference whether using proxies or not. Performance is exactly the same whether proxies are toggled on or off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe this will help someone who has this same issue:  So after dealing with laggy playback/ editing problems on a couple different projects shot on different cameras with different codecs (FX6, FX3, C70, All-I, long GOP, 4K, 1080), I started going through the settings and under MEDIA, saw that "Enable Hardware Accelerated Decoding” was disabled.  I turned that on and that solved my problems.   Performance is snappy again.  Proxies, switching to 1/4 rez playback, none of those things made a difference til I changed that setting.  This is on a MacBook Pro M1 Max.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines