• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere v23 "The importer reported a generic error" when relinking media

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Premiere v23 today (previously was using v22) to open an edit created by my client in this newest version of Premiere. When I tried to relink the media that all definitely works on his computer and is not corrupted, I received the annoying "The importer reported a generic error" when relinking media continually, even after deleting all caches, and EVEN after deleting the app and reinstalling. When I reinstalled, I chose to not import old settings from previous versions. Didn't help. Adobe, PLEASE FIX THIS BUG!!!!!!!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Hi Sumeet, thanks so much for replying! I greatly appreciate it. After several more hours of experimenting, I discovered that the files I was trying to relink to were "cloud-only" files in my Dropbox folder, so I simply had to make my Dropbox files available on my desktop prior to relinking, and after clearing the cache, it worked. Thank you again for followign up!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jules27071781t8q2,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Are you able to import these files in a new project? Also, where are these media files saved (internal/external/network drive)? 

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sumeet, thanks so much for replying! I greatly appreciate it. After several more hours of experimenting, I discovered that the files I was trying to relink to were "cloud-only" files in my Dropbox folder, so I simply had to make my Dropbox files available on my desktop prior to relinking, and after clearing the cache, it worked. Thank you again for followign up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines