• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere v24 and newer - Broken search, and no scroll bar in Effects window

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Effects window, typing into the search bar yields no results.  Additionally, when expanding any folders within the Effects panel, there is no scroll bar or scrolling function to allow you to see all the contents.

This bug is present in version 24 and newer, but not in 23.6.7, running on Windows 10 Pro (version 22H2, build 19045.4529).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Community Expert , Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already tried and no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshot.

Reinstall and use cleanertool.

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I managed to fix it but attached screenshots anyway.

Initially, I tried a Preferences reset but saw no change.  I then uninstalled Premiere, downgrading to different versions to see where the issue was and ended up at version 23.6.7.  I ran the cleaner tool on just Premiere, reinstalled latest version, saw no change.  I then ran the cleaner on everything (the "All" option).  Reinstalled latest version of Premiere, saw no change.

Finally, the "fix": I went to "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents" and renamed the "Adobe" folder to force it to be remade upon opening Premiere.  This results in everything working as expected, though obviously losing a variety of settings.  I would have expected the Cleaner tool to handle clearing out this folder, the problem is clearly something within it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines