Premiere will freeze every 5 exports when I click to change media name or location

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this has been posted a lot and I am just making a new one to hopefully get the Adobe people to see. I have a windows machine, running 

Ryzen 9 5900x

64gb ram

4 thb ssd

RTX 3070

and every 5 times I export and I click on the filename to change either the name or location, premiere will copmletely freeze. This has also happened with 3 other computers I have had for the past 3 years at least. There have been clean install, caches and all the stuff but it has never gotten fixed.

Thank you,

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Julia-Marie5E4D,

Welcome to the community, and sorry about the issue. Which version of Premiere Pro are you currently using? Would it be possible for you to share a screen recording of this issue? That would help us better understand the problem. We're here to help.

Thanks,

Ishan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I know this has been posted a lot"

Actually, not that much ... I've seen a couple with something like this. And if you're getting it on multiple computers, you've really won the wrong lottery! Sorry about that.

Like most users, I've never had this.  So what I'm curious about are your file storage situation and file naming practices.

What is the drive setup you're using to both access for Premiere and export to? How many drives, what type, how connected?

And what folder and file naming do you typically do? As there are certain keyboard characters that can and will at times cause issues, plus of course if the total drive/folder/filename gets too long, that's another potential issue.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines