• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere won't even open the options for exporting. Please help?

Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since my last problem, I've finished several videos with just weird font errors, but now it won't even open the options box for exporting. I finished editing > File > Export. I clicked Export, and nothing happens. Usually the box opens that gives me all my options for export, but it doesn't even show up. I've tried closing and opening the program several times, tried the hotkey for export, and I've tried to find another way to export the video. Nothing works...

For some reason Premier is being REALLY buggy lately. Which is weird, because I never had a problem before last month or so.

The latest I can be done with this video is tomorrow. I really need help.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Try trashing preferences or if that does not work reinstall and Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked, thanks!

I'm just wandering why not this is the answer for the question instead of the preference trash + reinstal 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow... Worked Perfectly.

Honestly baffeled why this even works.. maybe the keyboard shortcut binding could be wrong, but the menu item has no excuse not to work.

Thanks, especially for the late reply. Being a top result in google, late is as good as on time for answers like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread keeps on helping and expressing frustration.

The only "bug" I see is that when you do not have a Panel selected that will result in action, File -> Media should be greyed out (like the other options are). There are many shortcuts that do not work if you are not in the Panel they are intended for.

Whether it is a bug, or a request to change how the PR features work, the place for action is the UserVoice site that the engineers track.

With a quick look, I see two UserVoice requests that are relevant:

"Nothing Happens" - 3 votes; The staff response is that they can't replicate, with a request that any issues in the (then) new release (PR 2020) be reported. There have been actual bugs that prevented the export window appearing, even when the timeline was active, so I think they naturally assume the regular conditions are met.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/39470095-file-export-media-...

"Make 'Export Media...' keyboard shortcut work from ANYWHERE in Pr" - 1 vote. This appears to be what most of you are requesting, since File -> Media could still be used to export a file from the Project Panel.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/42041308-make-export-media-...

Note that there is now a "Quick Export" (introduced Nov 2020) with no default shortcut assignment. The Quick Export does not allow all options for export settings. But it will act whether or not you have a sequence selected.

If anyone sees any other UserVoice requests that are relevant, post them here so they can be upvoted.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me... I highlighted my work and went to file>export to open export settings.  At the bottom of the window make sure source range is set to entire sequence. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem but exporting media worked after I moved a cell down one row to fill in a blank cell area. In general, Premiere 2018 seems fairly buggy so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Click on the timeline so that the module is highlighted

2. Export the video

Worked for me ... !!! Very MANY Thanks !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case,it's not show the export options then it shut down. I've tried to reinstall but nothing happen. I'll try trashing preferences. Thank you for sharing your solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find that i need to select the whole media file i want to export for the menu to come up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience, this issue comes from a large project that may be overloading Premiere. The simple fix is to use hot keys 'I' and 'O' to select the start and finish to your project on the timeline. Then, select clip>render in to out. From there, wait until it's done rendering and try entering the export menu again. It should now open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Year 2020 November 1st.  I had this problem. What was the issue? One of the blocks in the timeline was selected while attempting to open the Export option window.  Just be unselect it, meaning, click anywhere in the sequence to unselect any piece of the material and voila, it works.  I see this is a carried problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Late 2020 Premier Pro 2020 And this did the trick for me - never noticed before -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found, that if you render in to out prior to exporting, it seems to fix the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that if you (save as) the open mdeia encoder and drag and drop the file into the download area, you can easily donwload your project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and I finally found out the reason. Simply, just click anywhere in the timeline to make sure you are not selecting anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope,  I did not have anything selected though I am glad your solution was that simple. I have been using Premiere for over 15 years... this is a bug or an issue with the OS and Premiere together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't read through every comment, so apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I tried exporting to video today and it wouldn't even bring up the dialog box.  However, it kept acting like a dialog box was open everytime I tried clicking somewhere.

It turns out the dialog box WAS open.  It somehow got stuck behind my playback screen. No clue how.  I never swap monitors.

Anyway, if you're having this issue, double check by going to Edit>Preferences>Playback 

From there, just uncheck whichever monitor is your playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't export my file can you please fix for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diriba,

Sorry. Try this, select the timeline, then choose File > Export > Media. What happens? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a nightmare! Now, I can't export anything anymore because when I click "Export", the loop goes nonstop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely a dumb bug. Have you tried clicking the timeline first (to select that panel) them pressing export? Worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work. And not only that, I just updated to v23.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh good. Just updated myself and haven't tried it, so i look forward to revisiting this problem.

World class software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worse still, it won't send to Adobe Media Encoder either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

suddenly having the same issue... it was working this morning... then suddenly, even tho no update happened, I started getting the same screen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines