• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Won't Export

New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have been trying to export a video for a couple of hours to no avail. When I select File > Export > Media, literally nothing happens. No pop up to select export settting, nothing at all. If I try a few times within the same session, Premiere will eventually freeze up and stop working. I use Premiere regulalry and this has never happened.

- Premiere is up to date

- I've cleared preferences

- I've deleted all media cache

- Uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere

- Restarted my computer several times

Nothing has helped.

TOPICS
Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Are you on WIndows with an NVIDIA graphics card? If so, could you please try going to Preferences > Media and uncheck "Enable hardware accelerated encoding and decoding (requires restart)" then Save, Quit. Now launch Premiere Pro and try export again. Does it now work?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, Premiere Pro 14.3 has shipped and should have the fix for export using NVIDIA GPU without NVENC.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/whats-new.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola,

I can't export OpenEXRs from premier or encoder, I notice that the export video option is checked but unable (grayed). I think I should be adding a couple of details here, first, I have an Intel Core i7, system type 64 bit, Intel HD Graphic 630, and NVIDIA GeForceGTX 1050. I'm also having a pop-up window system compatibility report in regards to an unsupported video driver (Intel HD Graphics 630).

Enclossed there are a couple of screengrabs.

Thanks,EXR ERROR.JPGsystemCompatibility report.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noting that this is showing Custom for the preset, what did you change from the base options?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing, I actually re-set all the preferences to default, for what its worth I just installed premier and never had this issue before, media encoder is showing the same, which means it's something from my station not Premier itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you've got a problem with the graphics driver for that Intel chipset. That may be the core of the problem. Check on fixing that driver issue ... if it can be. Some of the on-board chipsets coupled with the 'wrong' CPU aren't fixable, some are.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would hardware acceleration work one day then fail the next? This workaround did help me to get my project exported but the day before it was working fine. What is the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be a driver update in the system, a general GPU driver change, several things. You can always try installing a new driver if one is available, or roll back to a previous one if you're on the newest.

Which GPU do you have?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In less than 24 hours of working in AE and PP it broke. There weren't any updates between the two projects I was working on. No system updates or GPU driver updates. Nor were there updates to the programs themselves. I have two GTX 1080ti's in SLI, 128GB of ram on an AMD 2950x 3-1TB Samsung 970 Pro NVMEs. One NVME for OS and program host , one for scratch and one for the cache.  I restarted my computer to see if that was the issues, I cleared caches and so on. It just broke. One moment hardware accelertion was working and then the next it wasn't and it still isn't working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere has always had trouble enough with two full GPUs, and really struggled with SLI configurations. Have you tried disabling one or removing the SLI?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s irrelevant. mGPU has been supported years now and the SLI configuration hasn’t ever given me issues. I can say though over the years I’ve had many issues with Adobe CC on single and multi GPU systems. I own both Intel and AMD systems. You haven’t explained to me why the software would just break. I’ve had playback/black screen issues on my intel 9900k with a single RTX 2080 (64GB of ram) also. It was a while ago but the hardware acceleration broke on that system too. Disabling the hardware acceleration fixed the issue but to this date there hasn’t been an explanation as to why it stopped working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Irrelevant" is oft a matter of perspective in troubleshooting. From participation on this forum and elsewhere over the years, and numerous times talking with engineers and video post folk at events, Premiere has quite a known trouble with many SLI setups.

If you've been working successfully with several for some time, you're either far luckier than most, or a heck of a lot more technically capable. I suspect the latter.

And as I'm not a staffer nor engineer, I can't say why the blame thing does stupid things at times. And not others. Especially hardware driver issues like for GPUs.

So troubleshooting 101 is what "we" users do around here.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premier has trouble with single gpu setups like my 9900k with the RTX 2080 system I mentioned , the one you walked right past. Trouble shoot that. It works fine with hardware encoding off. 🤦🏾‍:male_sign: Adobe CC in general has issues. That being said, there hasn’t been any mention as to why hardware acceleration works sometimes and other times it doesn’t. Looks like “y’all “ just speculate. Speculation on if a toggle will work or not work isn’t trouble shooting. Finding out why it is or isn’t working and issuing an actual fix is trouble shooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As we're not engineers, have no access to the code or software construction charts, how are we supposed to get into the app and fix something?

What we can do, and that right well much of the time, is sort out why something is happening in a practical sense in someone's workflow, and get them past that. Or catch things that they are doing that trigger certain behavior within the app.

And of course, when they do have bugs, help trap out the circumstances of the bug.

One typical and very human assumption is if your system has an issue, all systems have that issue. Which with even some of the more widespread bugs they've had, isn't close to 'true'. So a good deal of the troubleshooting work here is to determine what the specific parameters of the troubles any one user is having are based around.

Then ... do they compare precisely with other users having what appears might be the same issue? As it's quite frequent for similar appearing issues to have very different causes. And therefore solutions.

Case in point: I've got an RTX 2080 system, so I could as easily claim Premiere works perfectly with all RTX 2080 systems.

But all mine working perfectly proves is that on my system, Premeire can work perfectly with an RTX 20280.

On your system, it's not. So testing to find what might change that is useful. And what "we" try to do here.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking "Enable hardware accelerated encoding and decoding (requires restart)" did absolutely nothing for me. Did that, rebooted and it still will not export. Yes, I'm using an Nvidia GeForce 2070 Super in a Razor Core X box off my Dell XPS13 9370. Everything used to work fine, now Premire Pro is useless to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manuel,

For helping you in your situation, we'd need more information. What sort of media do you have, what effects if any on the sequence, is only this sequence/project involved (so have you tried other sequences and in other projects)?

And what happens when you tap Ctrl/Cmd-M to bring up the Export dialog, does it come up normal? We need to know when the process breaks down on your rig.

Oh ... and can you export if you queue over to MediaEncoder?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  I unchecked the items in preferences listed in this thread and also rebooted.  When I hit CTRL M nothing happends.  I am finished editing a project and need to export it to meet a deadline and I am stuck dead in the water.  I am not a computer expert and will not be able to tell you details of chips or graphics card.  IS there any solution?  I have exported before without any issue and this is a new issue for me.

Thanks 

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make sure ... you did have the Timeline panel active (blue highlight around it) when tapping Ctrl-M, right? As if you don't, it doesn't pop the Export dialog for that keyboard shortcut. Like so many key-shorts, it's only working when the specific panel has "focus".

You need to have either a sequence selected in the Timeline panel or clip/s or a sequence in the Project panel before Ctrl-M or the main menu export options are avaialable.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, yeah, that was it! I wan't focused on the timeline. Got the Export dialogue. THANKS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project is a Canon 8k RAW seqence proxied out to Low Res H.264. Everything's fine with color correction etc. It's only when I try to Export it that absolutely nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did nothing to help, it still will not encode. What next?

BTW, I bought an NVidia RTX 2070 specifically to accelerate my Adobe workflow via CUSA. Does this mean you don't support NVidia cards? In any case, unchecking acceleration and defaulting to Intel is not helping me output anything even after a full re-boot of everything. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just today started having the same problem and none of these steps work. I'm ready to cancel my subscription to Adobe CC. Please help if you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're users like yourself. We can't guess at your hardware or media or effects or version of Premiere. So though we'd love to help, you have to give us some information to even start guessing.

So ... how about your computer, OS, GPU, how recently you've checked for GPU drivers, the media and effects involved. and when it "stops".

And even where it "stops". There's been several different things that have prevented exports. Some mean the export dialog doesn't even show, some the dialog comes up but nothing happens after they click to export ... it closes but doesn't do anything. And for some, it seems to be going but either never finishes or stops.

So your exact behavior would be useful.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turned out that it wasn't exporting because I'd moved around the Premiere
window. You have to be sitting --ON-- the timeline when you try to export
for it to take. Hope that works for you too. Just click on the timeline
window and hit "Export".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, that catches a lot of people to start with. And you'll 'bump' into it every once in a while.

Why is it like that? I've asked the engineers ... well, they said, if you haven't highlighted the Timeline panel with a sequence selected, how is Premiere supposed to guess what you want to export?

I suppose that makes some sense ... though at times it feels weird.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem except my encoder still runs the video but it exports to a blank video. I unchecked "enable hardware accelerated encoding and decoding(requires restart) and export again but it still doesn't work. I use a Mac and my graphics are Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB, and my Adobe Premiere and Encoder are the newest. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines