• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere won’t play video

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a quick question if anyone can help. I go into edit my video In premiere and like 5 minutes in every time I can't play the video back on the sequence. It's like I have 5 minutes before it freezes and I can't do anything. Already tried the whole audio cache/ hardware thing and it didn't work.  Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anything weird happening in the video? Technical errors or glitches? If so that may be the cause.

It might be something with this video. I'd try downloading the free app Handbrake and creating a new fixed frame rate version and then taking the new version into Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry about the issue. Could you share your system details (OS, CPU, RAM, GPU)? Can you check if there's an update available for your GPU driver?

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Andrew25068215em5m ,

Try the suggestions from Adobe in this link. https://helpx.adobe.com/africa/premiere-pro/kb/troubleshoot_playback_performance.html

Let us know how you go

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

If NVIDIA graphics, make sure to use the latest Studio Driver from NVIDIA (NOT the Game Driver).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the CPU, GPU, RAM or hard drive pegged at 100% usage? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please provide detailed specs of your system, including your storage configuration as well as your OS and version of Premiere

Can you please provide us with the original footage file info, sequence settings and export settings?

Have you tried resetting preferences and/or reseting your workspace?
Reset your preferences by holding shift+alt (or option) when you launch Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines