• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Won't Playback Video & Audio after certain timeframe

Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone! Looking to see if maybe someone knows, I look online but I'm not finding the right answer/solution. 

I'm working on a documentary project and every other clip plays back perfectly except one of the takes from the interview footage. It's a raw 4096 by 2304px clip in a .mov format. For some reason at 1:17:56 it stops playing (but the playhead continues moving forward) and Premiere crashes, causing it to create a copy file.

I was able to render out a H.264 in Davinci without any playback or render issues. I replaced the clip inside Premiere and everything is now working great (only now, I have two copies of the project). 

I was wondering maybe if anyone knew what could potentially be going on? Is it the clip or Premiere? 

I edit on a Macbook Pro: 16" 2021 - with 64GB of Ram, M1 Max chip with the newest Version of Premiere Pro (v23.0)

Type: QuickTime Movie

File Size: 226.40 GB

Image Size: 4096 x 2304

Frame Rate: 23.976

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 24-bit - Stereo Project

Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo

Total Duration: 01:30:35:00

Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

Alpha: None

Color Space: Rec. 709

Color Space Override: Off

Input LUT: None

The Sequence matches the clip exactly as I used it to create the sequence. Using a separate preset sequence had no effect whatsoever. 

Just looking to see what could potentially be happening so I can avoid this issue with future projects. 

Thank You!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nbrumfield_18,

Sorry for the frustration. Sounds like something is going on with the clip. Is it ProRes RAW? If not, what is the format? If you could upload the clip, I can have engineering inspect it. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin, 

I'm actually not sure, I'm not the one who shot the footage. But it does tell me "Apple ProRes 422 LT" in the compressor under the video properties.

I can't attach the clip because it's apart of a work project & can't share any of the raw files.  I didn't notice it until the Media Encoder didn't finish exporting the proxy file. It always got stuck when rendering & could never finish. I didn't know what my other options were, so I put it into Davinci and it played it back and exported it out no problem. 

I know it's probably hard to conclude this and get the right solution without the clip, but I'm trying to figure out if it's the software or the video clip? Takes 2 & 3 are the exact same properties, nothing is different and they played fine, no issues. I keep wondering if a part of the clip could've become corrupted? 

The problem's fixed and I have temporary workaround, I'm just curious to see what caused this so I can't prevent it with future projects. If you have any ideas, let me know!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines