• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere wont open and gives no error message

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been going on for a few weeks, even after updates and a reinstal.  Its not just premiere its any adobe app that works with video, I even downloaded premiere rush and nothing happens.

From creative cloud, I launch pemeire (or any video editor) and simply nothing happens.  No error code, no nothing.  Photoshop and illustrator work fine.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

I actually just found the solution!!!

Have to download 

Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4  Here

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Ive been useing adobe for most of my life and though this computer is quite old, its never had a problem until now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite old! Post complete specs incl gpu driver number, os build, pr build. (not just the latest).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im so sorry!  I dont know how to find that information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

System Model Inspiron 24-5459

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700T CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2808 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually just found the solution!!!

Have to download 

Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4  Here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thats the best help this company that drains my wallet of money i barely have has to offer with their product simply not working. If i bought a burger that couldn't be chewed you idiots would give me another burger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the exact same problem for months now as well. My computer meets all the requirements and I was actually able to use Premiere Pro without any problems. But then, suddenly, it stopped working. No error message, no nothing. It just won't open anymore. I've tried so many possible solutions I've found on here, nothing worked. It sucks paying for it and not being able to work since nothing seems to help with the problem.

I'm working (or would LIKE to work) with the latest version, all recent updates installed.

I'm using Windows 11 Version 21H2 (installed it only about a week ago, was working with Windows 10 before)

Processor AMD Athlon Silver 3050U with Radeon Graphics 2.30 GHz

8,00 GB RAM

Indesign works completely fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be too late to get useful information out of this question since you've started troubleshooting already, but I'll ask anyway:

Did you change (or allow to be changed) anything on your system just before Pr suddenly stopped working? If so, undoing that change may put things right again.

Regardless, try this:

1. Launch Pr from a shortcut (taskbar, start menu, Desktop) while holding down the Shift+Alt keys.  Alt resets prefs and Shift clears plugin cache.
  2. Keep the keys pressed until the main program window appears.
  3. Before trying to open any project or starting a new one, go to Preferences>Media Cache and delete *all* your media cache files.
  4. Now try opening a project or starting a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jeff, launching Pro while holding down the Shift+Alt keys didn't open Pro, BUT at least gave me an error message 🙂 It says Pro couldn't be started correctly due to 0xc000007b.

I've deleted and installed Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable as well as Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 as well as Premiere Pro once again - still nothing. Same error message (0xc000007b)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this article:

fix-error-code-0xc000007b.php

It covers up through Windows 10 but the solutions should apply equally well to Windows 11. From what you've said, you should probably go to the sections for running Pr as an admin (not just through an admin account), and installing DirectX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased and installed the Adobe apps and they would not open. I searched for a few hours looking for an answer. The Creative Cloud Desktop hides the error messages when launching the apps - bad move on Adobe's part. I had already uninstalled, re-installed, uninstalled, ran the cleaner, rebooted dozens of times, and I did not find the answer until I went into the Windows 11 Start Menu, found Adobe Premiere Pro 2022, right clicked and ran as Administrator. It then gave the error for the missing runtime file (which is old). I used the link here to download the x64 version of the runtime which it said was already installed. I selected the Repair option and now everything works fine.
It should be noted that I have Visual Studio 2019 installed in case that makes any difference to why this only effects some users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This company really shouldnt be able to get away with charging people 53 dollars a month when they have such an absolutely game breaking, gig ruining bug in their product, then put in minimal effort to try and reach out to the people having it. This is an overpriced technology as it is for the majority of people who use it but the disdain towards helping people with these unworkable and unprofessional issues is absolutely disgusting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines